PDA

View Full Version : PHP script needed urgently

personthingy
31-05-2005, 10:44 PM
A .PHP script disappeared of a server that is needed to send a weekly bulletin type newsletter got deleted.............oops. So i got a phone call asking me to fix it. Now i couldn't PHP script my way out of a paper bag with a stanley knife, so, if anyone from CHCH wants to make some cash by going into town and writing a script that will tell an apache web server on a redhat machine to take a file called index.html and send it to all the email addresses listed on another file, there's cash in it for ya :thumbs:

No this isn't a spammer at work. Its a subscribed list.

PM me

The newsletter was supposed to go tonight, so this is fairly urgent and must be done tommorow ASAP

ninja
31-05-2005, 11:33 PM
A .PHP script disappeared of a server that is needed to send a weekly bulletin type newsletter got deleted.............oops.*sigh* this is why people should keep repositories of their sites.

See if your hosting provider can restore it from a snapshot.

This would probably be a good start as well
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=php+mail+scripts&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

personthingy
31-05-2005, 11:54 PM
*sigh* this is why people should keep repositories of their sites.

See if your hosting provider can restore it from a snapshot.

This would probably be a good start as well
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=php+mail+scripts&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
Perhaps i should have mentioned that the apache/redhat server is a wee beasty sitting dumbly and patiantly in their office in central CHCH. The PHP script is GONE. :( No back up was made. :(A new one must be written.

personthingy
01-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Did i mention that this weekly bulk email promotes the website these people make their living from, and that there is :D good coin and kudos :Dfor the person who wanders in and replaces what was a few lines of script?

bump

personthingy
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
....or who finds anyway of regually sending 3000+ copies of an HTML mail?