PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft.Net Sample Tutorials

clau_dos
23-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I want to run some of the sample codes directly from this website:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/

but am uncertain as to why I can't run it even though i have Microsoft Visual Basic.NET 2003 Professional with everything installed, including the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SPK1 and update.

When I try to run of the sample code, I am directed to a page where I have to configure the QUICKSTART samples to run locally and that I may have to:

Download and Install .NET Framework SDK.
I didn't download and install the .NET Framework as this comes with VB.Net Professional. But

I am confronted with the "Enter the location of the samples directory on your machine:"

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\FrameworkSDK\Samples

With the Framework already installed, I clicked the submit button, thinking that this was the default for any samples folder using the Microsoft.Net Framework.

I had a look at the location afterwards, but there is no folder called "samples" in that path. I have also tried the location where my VB.NET resides:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\QuickStart\aspplus\samples

Now each time I click on any of the links from the Microsoft.net Framework Quickstart Tutorials website, I receive the following error message:

c: is not registered.

What do you think is the cause of this problem? I would like to know, if someone else has experienced this problem also. I've tried to subscribe to the MSPassport, so I could submitt my query to the forum, (don't know how I got there) but do not know how or where to make a new post since there are now buttons to display a new post or make a new message.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Steven