PDA

View Full Version : local area cable unplugged error

DaveBritton
22-05-2005, 11:01 PM
i am running winxp pro corp with sp2, my isp is aol uk, i am on their gold package.
i get the "local area cable unplugged" error after about 5-10 mins online, my internet disconnects and the modem checks its status then re-connects. sometimes aol gives an error notification box but this always crashes and i end up hitting the re-start button.
i have checked all cables and re-installed drivers, i even went to bt and got their modem drivers but that just caused more problems.
plz help me.

beama
22-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Dave
us kiwi's dont have much experance with AOL
but could you give us more details is the gold account ADSL or dailup what sort of modem do you use brand and model.

Speedy Gonzales
23-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Are you on a network / LAN there Dave??

Thats what that error means.

DaveBritton
23-05-2005, 09:33 AM
no, i just have the standard modem supplied with (gAy)OL the "BT Voyager 105". i think its just my phone line anyways, when the modem recieves no signal from the line it automatically drops the connection.
bt are still messing around with the line (i only had it fitted about 1 1/2 weeks ago) they have dug a hole opposite my house. hopefully they will fix it within the next couple of days.

DaveBritton
25-05-2005, 04:35 AM
still having problems, it seems to be getting worse (disconnects more often), anyone got any suggestions?