PDA

View Full Version : How to add new email in Outlook?

mejobloggs
20-05-2005, 07:55 PM
I have Outlook 2000.

I have just got a new email address. It is not replacing my previous email address, so I want to have them both.

I want to be able to press send/receive, and have all the emails for email1 go into a folder, and all emails for email2 go into another folder.

I have tried but can't figure it out. It is a lot different from Outlook Express :(

Thanks

Billy T
20-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, the help file will tell you all you need to know, but in Outlook 2000 I go to Tools>Accounts and you set them up there. Make sure you set to check all accounts for downloading and that's about it.

Piece of P

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

(The help files really do give the answers, honest) :D

Tony
20-05-2005, 09:27 PM
(The help files really do give the answers, honest) :DYou mean there is a MS help file where you can find the answers without having to know them in advance so you can ask the right questio...............Excuse me, I just got distracted by the pig flying past the window.:D

mejobloggs
21-05-2005, 12:21 AM
but in Outlook 2000 I go to Tools>Accounts and you set them up there.

My problem is that I do not have Tools>Accounts

Safari
21-05-2005, 12:32 AM
My problem is that I do not have Tools>Accounts

You don't have Outlook 2000 then in that case.
Have you got Tools/E-mail accounts.

Why not use Outlook Express it is a lot easier to configure.

sam m
21-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Another consideration would be if this new email address is an alias or if it has its own username/password. If alias then the email address part will be the new one but the username and password would be the 'owner' account.

It should be Tools | Email accounts etc

Tony
21-05-2005, 09:40 AM
What you need is Tools->Services then click the "Add" button.

Safari
21-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Tools>Services is for Outlook 98

Tony
21-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Tools>Services is for Outlook 98Maybe it is, but I have Outlook 2000 open right now and those options are in front of me.

BTW once the new account is added you need to go to Tools->Options, click the "Mail Services" Tab and make sure the check box for the account you have just created is ticked.

Safari
21-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Maybe it is, but I have Outlook 2000 open right now and those options are in front of me.

BTW once the new account is added you need to go to Tools->Options, click the "Mail Services" Tab and make sure the check box for the account you have just created is ticked.

I think it depends if Outlook is setup initially as Corporate whether it shows Services or Accounts under Options.

Outlook 2000 is getting a bit old don't you think.
Would you use a web browser version that is 5 years old.

Billy T
21-05-2005, 11:27 AM
You mean there is a MS help file where you can find the answers without having to know them in advance

You are joking aren't you Tony? It is a non sequitur to say you need to know the answer before you can ask the question. All you need to know is the outcome you are trying to achieve, then think of relevant words and search them.

I acknowledge that Help Files as a species may fall short on some occasions, and I've known some frustrations, but a keyword search usually brings results.

In my personal experience, MS are better than most.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Tony
21-05-2005, 01:12 PM
You are joking aren't you Tony? <snip>

In my personal experience, MS are better than most.I might have been semi-joking, but I do find MS help hugely frustrating at times. I'm particularly thinking about Access 2000, where what seem to me like obvious search terms very rarely bring the result I'm looking for. Having said that, I do find the context-sensitive help in VBA very good indeed.

Tony
21-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Would you use a web browser version that is 5 years old.Why wouldn't I? It does everything I want it to. I see no reason to get onto the upgrade spiral unless there is a good technical/functional reason for doing so. I changed from Win98 to WinXP because I thought it would work better (for me), not just because it was the latest. I still run Win98 on my laptop, because it works fine in that environment.

mejobloggs
21-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Would you use a web browser version that is 5 years old.

No I wouldn't. But a web browser is free. Outlook is not free.