PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode III

Overdrive_5000
19-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Just been to see it this morning and all I can say is WOW, so go see it you wont be disappointed :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Chilling_Silence
19-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I saw it at Midnight, took my 11yr old brother and his mate. They loved it!

I had a fair idea of the storyline due to finishing the Xbox game, but was still impressed by the movie.

Anakin's acting is much better than the 2nd, and the way that Lucas pulls all the ends of the story and ties it up nicely is very well done. Very impressed by the movie!!!

vinref
19-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Is it true that Yoda is Jabba the Hutt's love-child?

Chilling_Silence
19-05-2005, 04:17 PM
HA!

paulw
20-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Chill.

Did you see it at thew Megascreen in AKL??

If so any digital artifacts on the large screen??

Chilling_Silence
20-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Nup, Westcity.....

I notice its already doing the rounds online too... SVCD....

Anybody downloads that, I'll personally shoot in the foot, it just doesnt do the movie justice! Needs to be seen on the big-screen in all its glory!

Now, why have I had so many girls telling me that Anakin is good looking before he turns bad?

george12
20-05-2005, 10:52 PM
OK, I won't download it then :p. After all, I've done 11 gigs and I did 30 last month.... and no speed capping. It's going to catch up to me soon!

My 12 year old brother is seeing it on the 29th for his 13th birthday party, I'll go with him and his little friends :p

gibler
21-05-2005, 02:20 AM
I'll be disappointed - the plot and acting is terrible supposedly.

They had the frist two movies on TV and boy they were boring. The whole "my mum is a slave" just didn't make sense. Hoping that Jar Jar dies early on!

vinref
21-05-2005, 03:42 AM
Saw it today. The acting still sucked, and the story was "told in a hurry", if you know what I mean. So, overall I was a bit disappointed.

So I went to the video store and got out Zatoichi. I felt better after seeing it than I did after seeing Star Wars. Highly recommended.

Mike
21-05-2005, 09:49 AM
10. Anikin Skywalker goes to the dark side after finding a finger tip in his chili

9. Jedi qualifications dumbed down to just being able to flatten pop can against forehead

8. Lord of the Rings guys make appearance, get all in Empire's face, sayin' smack like, "Are we doin' this? We doin' this, playa?"

7. Darth Sideous defeated in the end by fancy Doppler radar

6. Yoda tries a stint on talk radio, ruins entire industry

5. Obiwan Kenobi employs union busting goons to take on the Empire

4. The Force is sold on E-bay for, like, a buck ninety

3. Jar Jar Binks gets pulled over and tasered by overenthusiastic Jedi rookie

2. Count Dooku goes further into dark side, accepts the name "Chocula"

1. Newsweek reports that Death Star won't be much of a problem

Copyright 2005 Dave Tippett. Permission is granted to send this to others, with attribution, but not for commercial purposes

Mike.

PS You're a Star Wars junkie if when trying unsuccessfully to snare that last Cheerio floating in your cereal bowl, you remarked, "The Force is strong with this one."

Strommer
21-05-2005, 10:53 AM
(Posted on another thread, heres my guff again, somewhat modified...)
Saw it Thursday. FANTASTIC ! Lucas is a genius.
For me, it was the best of all the Star Wars.
Graphics, music, script, acting, costumes = all superb.
Thank God Jar Jar Binks said nothing, did nothing, and only appeared briefly.

Did you see George Lucas in his cameo? The 1st time ever in the series. He was the blue alien sitting in front while the head councillor/sith guy was watching a weird bubble-sorta-opera. Lucas-the-blue was then asked to leave so Aniken could sit and discuss matters.

Keisha Castle Huges of Whale Rider fame had all of a one second appearance, towards the end. :rolleyes:

Trivia from IMDB:

As of this film, Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader has been played by seven different people. David Prowse in the first three films, classified as Episode IV, V, and VI, inside the suit of Darth Vader. James Earl Jones as the voice for all films containing Vader on up. Bob Anderson as the duelist for the fight scenes in The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983). Sebastian Shaw as Anakin Skywalker once Darth Vader's helmet is removed at the end of the "Return of the Jedi" and Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in Episode II and III. And finally Jake Lloyd in Episode I as a young Anakin Skywalker. Hayden Christensen gained 11 kilograms (24.2 pounds) for this film. He did so by eating six meals a day. This is the first and only Star Wars movie to receive a rating higher than PG. (PG-13) The lightsaber that Obi-Wan uses is the same one used in Star Wars (1977)

Strommer
21-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Its raking in the cash:

LOS ANGELES May the money be with you. And it is.
The last of the Star Wars films -- "Revenge of the Sith" -- has shattered the one-day record at the box office, by raking in 50 (m) dollars worth of ticket sales.

The total came from showings at more than 36-hundred theaters and more than nine thousand screens around the country yesterday, including special midnight shows.

That beats the previous record for "Shrek 2" -- set about a year ago.

The one-day take almost assures that the film will push well past the 100 (m) million-dollar mark for its opening weekend. The only question is -- how far?

Scouse
25-05-2005, 08:43 PM
The ultimate Star Wars? Here? (http://www.storewars.org/flash/index.html)
:cool: :cool: :cool:

user
25-05-2005, 10:04 PM
4 of us saw it last Sunday night and were all disappointed when we came out. Thought it was going to be a long film when the first action involving a crash landing created no tension in the viewer.
Who wrote Anakin's line "I'll rule the universe" (or similar), very original, very camp...
Have to see it for completing the hexilogy(?) but not a great film.

Windo
25-05-2005, 10:08 PM
How many Establishing-shots can one squiz into a film?

and I love how a robot figures out that a person has lost the will to live

bob_doe_nz
25-05-2005, 10:11 PM
well I havent seen it yet...

too bleeding expensive...

vapo
25-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Have to see it for completing the hexilogy(?) but not a great film.
sextet

mark c
25-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Wouldn't pay to see that load of dribblegoozy and won't even bother to watch it when it comes out free on onna tele in few years. (well, maybe.)

Kiddies' comic for klutzes. You're just suckers for the graphics and as for the story go read Homer ( Not Simpson).

HTH...............m

Metla
25-05-2005, 11:07 PM
So dribblegoozy is no good?...I won't comment,too busy watching House of 1000 corpses, Now thats classy... :thumbs:

MartynC
25-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Saw it & what can i say?? it was good ;) Atleast it had a nice tie in to Ep. IV

user
26-05-2005, 10:54 AM
sextet

Actually, I'm not convinced. Type 'hexilogy' into Google and you'll find other references including this word in this context. However, it does not appear in the dictionary site I tried. It is consistent with trilogy cf triplet. Any other thoughts on this off-topic matter? Any pedants out there?

MartynC
26-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Anyway, watching Ep III is way better than watching the Warriors ;)

Renmoo
27-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Check this (http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/5/26/nation/11050727&sec=nation) out! :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

george12
29-05-2005, 11:01 PM
I laughed almost too hard at:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

Anakin was a bad actor (again) unfortunately. But it's star wars - it's not possible for it to be good...

MartynC
29-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I laughed almost too hard at:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

Anakin was a bad actor (again) unfortunately. But it's star wars - it's not possible for it to be good...

How can you say that :confused: you couldn't even get in with its M rating could you?? :lol:

george12
29-05-2005, 11:33 PM
What? I'm 15.....

I can say it because it's what I thought...

Chilling_Silence
30-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I actually thought his acting was much better... loved the film :D

bob_doe_nz
30-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I think i'll wait till June 16 till I see it. cheaper pricing...