PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good home......

andrew93
18-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Send me a PM or post a reply to this thread. I have a couple of 15" CRT monitors to give away - I can't be bothered trying to sell them. Pick up from Auckland only. Last time I checked they worked fine and both are in a good & tidy condition. This is not 'first in first served', I'd prefer they went to someone that needs it rather than a trader, so best reason gets a monitor. Heck I might even deliver one myself if the story is sad enough....
Andrew

Murray P
18-05-2005, 10:44 PM
That's a nice gesture Andrew. It'd probably be easier to biff them but I'm sure someone will give them a good home :thumbs:

mark c
18-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Gee Andrew that's nice. I suspect my monitor's on the way out but I'm a four hour drive up north. Good idea to give them away, save taking them to the tip as well.
(not that I'm suggesting that's your motive.)

Good luck, be interesting to hear what happens.

george12
18-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I desparately need them.... But I live in Wellington :(.

Oh well, nice gesture.

bob_doe_nz
19-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Well I have an uncle who may need one.

His old one has something wrong and they wanted me to try to fix it. I told him it was easier to replace it. Not only that, I also need one to replace my old computer monitor.

I'm in Sth Auckland

Chilling_Silence
19-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Tried contacting The Ark if you have no takers?

andrew93
19-05-2005, 06:30 PM
You have mail bob_doe.

Chill - I had thought about the Ark but only as a last resort - we buy bits and pieces off them on occasion. Given they are no longer a 'charity' (they used to put computers into schools, although I'm not sure at what price) I wanted to first offer it to someone genuinely in need.

quarry
19-05-2005, 07:27 PM
call your nearest school or daycare etc, even plunket centre. i gave 1 to my kid's toy library. i wouldn't give it to the ark, they will just resell them for $50+.

andrew93
22-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks for picking up the monitor bob_doe.

There is still one monitor available if anyone wants it - the brand is TPG, nice condition, manufactured March 1999, works fine - used to belong to an old lady who only used it on Sundays (yeah right!).

BTW bob_doe I had the contrast set to maximum darkness, that's why it didn't work when you came over. D'Oh!

PM me or post a reply in this thread if anyone wants it. Collect from Auckland.