PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having paradise email problem?

Ninjabear
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Anyone having problems logging into their email account with paradise?
IT would ask you for the password even though you know that the password is right.

tempohouse
09-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Anyone having problems logging into their email account with paradise?
IT would ask you for the password even though you know that the password is right.

Yep same thing happening here. I see their website is saying there will be some kind of service outage starting at 2am tomorrow, so I don't know if this is related or not. This password problem has only started happening today.

I'm new here, btw. Hello all!

Tribomb
09-05-2005, 07:17 PM
I cant access it also.. It asks me for my username and password. And I need the photos I sent for a project!!!

tempohouse
09-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Mine's actually working, but it keeps popping up the 'fill in your username and password' box. It's already filled in though, and if I simply click OK it goes away and my emails are sent/received.

Tribomb
09-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Mine goes away, and it says it is complete but will not receive the emails.

Tribomb
09-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Its working now -_-''

tempohouse
09-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah funny that - so is mine! It's been duff all day until now..

Murray P
09-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Once again, no problems at all here :)

Ninjabear
09-05-2005, 08:02 PM
man..Im gonna change my trademe email address now.!!!

Ninjabear
09-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Anyone know whats wrong with paradise?

John H
09-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Just checked my Paradise email and it is still asking for my password even though it has it. It has been doing this most of the day. Must be a continuation of the Paradise problems of last week when I couldn't connect at all, or emails arrived in all sorts of orders, many of them taking 12 hours to arrive.

Oldferix
09-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Having been a member of 'Paradise' for over five years, my patience reached a point when I felt enough is enough!. I have joined up with Orcon and as yet, have not had any problems. Initially 'Paradise' gave great service without any connection problems but for the past 18months or so it has been 'Hell'. Teehee. The worm has turned!

Terry Porritt
09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
What is even wierder is that it seems ok on my computer using Windows XP and Foxmail 5, but on my wifes computer running Win98, Foxmail 2.1 and with a different password. it has been erratically throwing up the box asking for a password, very odd.

plod
09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
same here and cant even get into webmail

Murray P
09-05-2005, 10:52 PM
What is even wierder is that it seems ok on my computer using Windows XP and Foxmail 5, but on my wifes computer running Win98, Foxmail 2.1 and with a different password. it has been erratically throwing up the box asking for a password, very odd.

Different user and addy Terry? It could be they're rolling something out or having problems on a user/account basis. I can't think what that could be though.

quarry
09-05-2005, 11:13 PM
if you're having problems, why not just ring Paradise, instead of playing the guessing game.

plod
09-05-2005, 11:15 PM
rung them and they said there pop service is down but cab access webmail

Ninjabear
10-05-2005, 12:59 AM
They like put me on hold for 45 minutes!!!! and the guy didnt even know what was going on!!!

pctek
10-05-2005, 07:53 AM
I agree the helpdesk is now rubbish. But changing ISPs just cause of some problem? Other ISPs get problems now and then too. I worked at Orcon once, I could give you a list of problems and the lame answers we were supposed to pass on to customers.
I was getting the password error yesterday from Paradise. Clicking OK 3 or 4 times would get my mail anyway so I didn't bother ringing them. And today it seems fine.

Strommer
10-05-2005, 08:09 AM
In the last few weeks I often have to log on twice since the first time 'hangs' when it gets to 'checking user name / registration'.

John H
10-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Still getting the password box this am, so the 2am outage hasn't fixed that little annoyance. The problem with changing ISP's is twofold - the first is getting out of the frying pan without knowing whether you are going to land in the fire; and the second is that I have a pile of stationery such as letterheads and business cards that would have to be reprinted, and that is big bikkies. Quite an expense to swap ISPs when you are self employed...

Safari
10-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Still getting the password box this am, so the 2am outage hasn't fixed that little annoyance. The problem with changing ISP's is twofold - the first is getting out of the frying pan without knowing whether you are going to land in the fire; and the second is that I have a pile of stationery such as letterheads and business cards that would have to be reprinted, and that is big bikkies. Quite an expense to swap ISPs when you are self employed...

That is why anyone running a business should have their own domain name so they can change ISP's and keep the same email address and avoid the problem of having to reprint letterheads and business cards.

A domain name gives you a permanent email address which you own and can be used regardles of your ISP you use.

Strommer
10-05-2005, 09:18 AM
A domain name gives you a permanent email address which you own and can be used regardles of your ISP you use.

Good point. Whats the cheapest rate? $25/year?

John H
10-05-2005, 09:31 AM

Thanks Safari - pardon my ignorance, but how do you go about doing that?

John

Safari
10-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Any ISP will register and manage your domain name.
For instance Xtra have information at this link but they are expensive and you can get it a lot cheaper elsewhere.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5788,00.html
Just go to any ISP website and look for information about Domain Names.

A Google search brings up many different companies offering this service.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=domain+name+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryNZ

If you get a domain name you will still have to reprint all your letterheads and business cards to reflect your new email address but at least you will never have to do it again even if you change ISP's or if the ISP goes out of business for some reason.

John H
10-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Thank you Safari. That seems quite straightforward. I did a Google search and was probably going down the wrong route. I found a Domain Register company that would register it for me, and I found the prices (and my preferred name has not been stolen!), but it may be best to choose an ISP first and go that route.

Thanks again.

John

Rob99
10-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Free Parking will do what you want.

Park your domain name eg. www.mycompany.co.nz
Then you can use the email somebody@mycompany.co.nz

Safari
10-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Free Parking will do what you want.

Park your domain name eg. www.mycompany.co.nz
Then you can use the email somebody@mycompany.co.nz

www.mycompany.co.nz is a website associated with that domain name.
The domain name is just mycompany.co.nz

You can have just a domain name without a website.

Rob99
10-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Very true Safari, my bad :( (http://www.answers.com/domain+name&r=67).

Sorry for any confusion :confused:

kjaada
10-05-2005, 02:01 PM
I have contacted Paradise and hopefully will get a reply which I will post here or they may even post themselves.

kjaada
10-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Still the usual answers but I WILL GET THERE