PDA

View Full Version : FAKE HOAX TAX WARNING!!!

Ninjabear
07-05-2005, 11:51 AM
IF your with vodafone and it says that if you forward 20 people you will be topped up $50 by vodafone.

Just tell your friends its fake.Even vodafone says its a hoax!!
I was quite annoyed when my friends all txted me the same message! :groan: and I was trying to sleep!

Sb0h
07-05-2005, 11:56 AM
I've received 4 of these messages this morning, I thought it was a hoax as soon as I got it. What a waste of network resources and a great boost to Vodafone's SMS earnings.

sambaird
07-05-2005, 12:21 PM
You have to wonder about the kind of person who falls for this

Edward
07-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Well you could sends it during the weekend ;)

manicminer
07-05-2005, 01:31 PM
yeah yeah i got 3 of these today and thought immediate hoax.
I mean come off it... :groan: sad sad sad

jesseycy
07-05-2005, 01:49 PM
The only reason why there's this hoax is because it's now free to send on weekends... Onbiously, the original parankster wanted to play a joke based on that...

I laugh at my friend's stupidity for believing in that.....

jackrulz
07-05-2005, 02:24 PM
i send them all off to 20 people i wasnt sure at the time (it did have spelling mistakes and crud grammar) if it was fake , i wasnt gona miss out on $50 if it was!
Seen as voodafone seem to be givin away alot of credit for free lately...

ninja
07-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Can someone edit the title of the thread. This has nothing to do with TAX, rather TXT.

ninja
07-05-2005, 02:31 PM
i send them all off to 20 people i wasnt sure at the time (it did have spelling mistakes and crud grammar) if it was fake , i wasnt gona miss out on $50 if it was!This is why people continue to forward on crap like JDBGMGR, SULFNBK, OMG IF YOU FORWARD THIS TO ELEVENTEEN PEOPLE BILL GATES WILL GIVE YOU A CHEQUE type e-mails. If you're not sure and decide to forward it on then you're a bigger idiot than those that actually believed it was real.

For each idiot that sends it on, it reaches 20 other people. Depending on how many of the people you sent it to are also idiots, you've just instigated up to 400 more idiotic texts. This then carries on ad nauseum, til it gets to someone like me that texts back "It's a hoax you moron" to every idiot that sends it to me.

Seen as voodafone seem to be givin away alot of credit for free lately...Umm no they haven't :illogical

manicminer
07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Seen as voodafone seem to be givin away alot of credit for free lately...

Where's this free credit I've been missing out on? :confused:

manicminer
07-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Can someone edit the title of the thread. This has nothing to do with TAX, rather TXT.

LOL - I wish all tax was a hoax. It is pretty unbelievable sometimes.

More petrol tax is going to be slapped on cos of the Kyoto Protocol.

jackrulz
07-05-2005, 03:39 PM
In reply to ninja and min
they are doing free txting and thers also this here http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pricing_plans/hotlink_deals.jsp?item=by_mobile&subitem=deals
They double your first payment and give u $40 on top of that check that out

Ninjabear
07-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Yea sorry people should've double checked the heading first but was half asleep at the time

manicminer
07-05-2005, 05:31 PM
In reply to ninja and min
they are doing free txting and thers also this here http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pricing_plans/hotlink_deals.jsp?item=by_mobile&subitem=deals
They double your first payment and give u $40 on top of that check that out

well its not free then is it - they just give you more than the usual advertised rate.
Besides...u need a sim2 card for the hotlinking stuff. why bother. i just top up and every now and again when they come out with a double top-up deal or something.

zqwerty
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
This topic has just been mentioned on National Radio News.

jackrulz
07-05-2005, 06:24 PM
This topic has just been mentioned on National Radio News.

Yea because everyones txting crazy is usin up all ther resources and makin txting fail / take extrmely long to send / take 20 minutes to recieve...
its annoying
(i wish i didnt send it on now) :annoyed:

Mercury
07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
??? I received this one today - which all seems rather strange since I'm with Telecom. (Not sure who it came from anyway as I'm using a spare phone whilst mine is being serviced and the sender wasn't in the address book.)

Didn't think about hoaxes - was far too busy scratching my head and saying "How strange - didn't the sender think about networks?" - and then promptly forgot about it till I read this.

Sb0h
07-05-2005, 10:24 PM
I always seem to get those hoax emails from various friends too. Funny, no matter many times I reply telling them it's a hoax they promptly send the next one.....wake up people!!!

The world needs more skeptics!!!

jesseycy
07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Hahahaha....

The friend who send it to Mercury, LOL, now, that's dumb....

Why? Cause his was Telecom... which means he had to pay 20cents to send one... LOL... Now, that is ridiculous

ninja
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
There's another one circulating now reporting to announce the hoax from this morning, and urge people to send it on to 10 people advising of them of the hoax and get a $20 credit.

Man people are retards.

Renmoo
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Well you could sends it during the weekend ;)
...you could send it during the weekend....

ad_267
07-05-2005, 11:20 PM
or you could not send it during the weekend and not send it ever so that you don't piss off your friends and look like an idiot

nugg0t
09-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Want to know more about Vodafones business practices?

I have a friend in Vodafone Australia, who told me they do this to increase revenue, encourage people to switch over from rival networks, then they say it was a hoax and everyone thinks it was their rivals trying to cause them problems.

Make money and smear the rival's reputation. Nice one.

Telecom charges me $30 a month for 200 off peak minutes to any NZ phone except 0900 numbers.
Then $10 a month for up to 500 texts (no way I'll ever use that much!).
Plus about $10 for my peak time calls a month.

Total, about $50 a month, vs the average $100 a month I paid with Vodafone.
In the past year and a half I've saved at least about $50 a month with Telecom.

Total savings, about $1000.

Thanks Telecom!

sambaird
09-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Becase vodaphone are the evil people not telecome :thumbs:

Jams
10-05-2005, 12:58 PM
...you could send it during the weekend....

do you really think you were doing everyone a favour by pointing that out ?, or were yo simply trying to poke fun ?

:groan: :groan: :groan:

oo look james, sambaird has made a couple mistakes in his post, quick, let everyone know the correct spelling!!!

Peterj116
10-05-2005, 01:10 PM
do you really think you were doing everyone a favour by pointing that out ?, or were yo simply trying to poke fun ?

:groan: :groan: :groan:

oo look james, sambaird has made a couple mistakes in his post, quick, let everyone know the correct spelling!!!
Yeah, James.
It's my job to point out spelling & grammatical errors...
:D

noone
10-05-2005, 05:16 PM
IMO vodafone was better WAP and better services to offer ( Hotlink etc ) also they have better phones - hense why they are more expensive.