PDA

View Full Version : Computer Speakers

ProMaz
05-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey all. Have had my Cambridge Soundworks 4.1 sound system fro about .. going on 4 years now and love it but sadly, somthing has happened to the amp and only one speaker out of the four is working now. I am looking for a 2.1 setup (nearly the same as what I have with very long cables, if you know what I mean. The volume control norb has about 2 ~ 3 meter cables with 3.5m headphones jacks on each end which is perfect for my computer set up.) I'm sure alot you you have seen these speakers. I would like somthing with alot of bass (can't not have bass lol) and just good all round quaility. Any reacommendations?

Thanks

James

ProMaz
05-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Ok, I think I have found some but has any one seen or heard of these and if so, are they as good as they say?

Speakers (http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=119845)

plod
05-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Look alright , but take a look at the altec lansing speakers, Have heard a couple of pairs, Don't take people's opinions on speakers as it is a personal thing, you are the only one that knows if they sound good to you, and make sure the supplier lets you return them if they don't suit. Thats the only way i buy speakers, if they wont let you, find somebody else

Trev
06-05-2005, 12:00 AM
I run Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1 speakers. 50 watt subwoofer and 25 watt satelite's.
Plenty of cable lenght. Check them out on the net.

Trevor :)

heni72847
06-05-2005, 12:03 AM
jz got a creative SBS 370 yesturday..now luving it
but it's 2.1 though..

ProMaz
06-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Only want 2.1, room isn't suited to 5.1 + cost. Is Ascent a good company to go with for speakers? If not, can you recommend one?

Rep to Trev - Whats the bass and sound quailty like?

djade_nz
06-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Hi there

Jus making a comment on your speaker quest
Well I have got a little 4.1 Creative set

Doesn’t look like much.

But the quality of sound that comes out of it
Is amazing.

And it pumps out about 200 watts of sound that’s only with
2 speakers and the sub going,
If I connect all 5 speakers up then it will
Increase the sound even more.

So if you are looking to buy a good set of speakers check out Creative.

They can take a bit of punishment as well……………………………................

Cheers Bud.
:annoyed: :annoyed:

ProMaz
06-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Hi there

Jus making a comment on your speaker quest
Well I have got a little 4.1 Creative set

Doesn’t look like much.

But the quality of sound that comes out of it
Is amazing.

And it pumps out about 200 watts of sound that’s only with
2 speakers and the sub going,
If I connect all 5 speakers up then it will
Increase the sound even more.

So if you are looking to buy a good set of speakers check out Creative.

They can take a bit of punishment as well……………………………................

Cheers Bud.
:annoyed: :annoyed:

What is the model number?

Also, Looking around the room, a 5.1 setup could be done :) so what I am wondering is, Is sound qulity lost by making the cables longer (using RCA extenders)?

Trev
06-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Rep to Trev - Whats the bass and sound quailty like?

Got a real punchy bass. To me the sound quality is really good, but the trouble is what sounds good to one person could sound like crap to another. It's like compareing food. Klipsch also make high stereo speakers.

http://www.klipsch.com/

Trevor:)

wintertide
06-05-2005, 10:34 AM
The Logitech's are a quite nice brand for speakers - I've found that they sound better compared to other brands... Look at the Z340's (if they still sell them)

Graham L
06-05-2005, 04:46 PM
I saw a "great" subwoofer today. According to the carton it has 500W PMPO.( :) ), and, I quote, "Nuclear Fission Technology". With that it won't just shake the furniture, what's left will glow in the dark.

Trev
06-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I saw a "great" subwoofer today. According to the carton it has 500W PMPO.( :) ), and, I quote, "Nuclear Fission Technology". With that it won't just shake the furniture, what's left will glow in the dark.

In reality about 25 watts RMS.

Trevor:)

Graham L
06-05-2005, 06:32 PM
My guess was more like 10W. Even with an enclosure made of High Density Wood Powder.