PDA

View Full Version : msn messenger keeps closing down

lisamarie01
02-05-2005, 04:58 PM
its really weird sometimes its fine but more and more lately like the last few days i can log in to my name then it automatically within 30 seconds closes down and disapers, where as my partners log in (on the same computer and same msn messenger) works fine everytime no problems, have had a look thru my settings and cant find anything different , any advice would be appreciated!

sal
02-05-2005, 05:15 PM
What version do you use? any addons?

lisamarie01
02-05-2005, 05:31 PM
its version 7.0 version and no add ons.

even tried reinstalling it, it was working fine for a while just started happening recently

Jen
02-05-2005, 05:56 PM
You haven't got Outlook Express set to automatically log you onto MSN when it opens? It might be that as the system detects you are already logged on in the background it just logs you out again. Might be a bit of a long shot. :)

lisamarie01
02-05-2005, 08:19 PM
nope nothing in outlook express connecting msn messenger or anything.

jamesyboi
02-05-2005, 08:32 PM
r u a girl?

Ninjabear
02-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I indeed having some problems with msn too.It just wont log in properly.It would login 3 seconds later it would log out.Login back again 3 seconds later log me out and on the 3rd attempt it would login.Sometimes it would say on the first login that there is problem with my passport and told me to click ok for more information.

It goes to a site saying Microsoft® .NET Passport was temporarily unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

Im running 7.0.0813

sal
02-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I patched to 7.0.0813 as well and immediately noticed unstable happenings. That's what you get for patching with a 'leaked patch' huh. I uninstalled and went back to .0777

lisamarie01
03-05-2005, 12:38 AM
im running 7.0.077 wonder if uninstalling it and then re installing it would make a difference?

Ninjabear
03-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Ahh.My problem was fixed by changing my password :annoyed: .See if dat helps!!

Ninjabear
04-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Msn sent me an email

You shouldn't have any more problems

Hello Customer,

Thank you for writing to MSN Messenger Technical Support.

We apologize that the .Net Messenger service has been experiencing temporary technical difficulties for many of our users. We at MSN know that your .Net Messenger communication is important to you, and are working around the clock to resolve any issues and restore normal service as quickly as possible.

As a result of these problems you may have experienced difficulty signing into the .Net Messenger service.

We sincerely appreciate your patience during this time and your use of .Net Messenger to keep in contact with important people both professionally and personally.

These problems have now been resolved.

If you are having a problem other than signing into the .Net Messenger service respond back to this message with a detailed description of the problem you are having.

lisamarie01
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
nope still having same problem it will log in then 3 seconds later close down and disapear, really annoying, my partner uses the same msn on my computer and when he loggs in he has no problems whatso ever, it cant be password cause it loggs me in no problems just wont stay logged in .

Ninjabear
04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I too have had the same problem with you this morning.Its ok now seems to be logging in fine.

You can email the mmssupport_en_sy@css.one.microsoft.com

just give him a detail description of whats happening and the operating system,amount of ram what type of connection your running.They replied as promised under 24 hours

Ninjabear
04-05-2005, 10:28 PM
I too have had the same problem with you this morning.Its ok now seems to be logging in fine.Ok..just did a login.maybe not

You can email the mmssupport_en_sy@css.one.microsoft.com

just give him a detail description of whats happening and the operating system,amount of ram what type of connection your running.They replied as promised under 24 hours