PDA

View Full Version : IEEE 1394 connection

chinadoll
02-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi.
I just build a new computer with Gigabyte GA81915P
duo Pro motherboard and a new ATX case which come with IEEE/SPK/ MIC/USB connecter on front panel of the box.
I found a IEEE 1394 connection lead and a Mic/Spk lead come with normal connecters to connect them to each port at the back side of the case.
I wonder if it is possible to get a converter to connect the converter on to motherboard's IEEE 1394 pins and the another side of the converter to the normal IEEE 1394 plug ?
Can one tell me where I can buy such a converter or if there any other solution ?
Thank you very much.

pctek
02-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi.
I just build a new computer with Gigabyte GA81915P
duo Pro motherboard and a new ATX case which come with IEEE/SPK/ MIC/USB connecter on front panel of the box.
I found a IEEE 1394 connection lead and a Mic/Spk lead come with normal connecters to connect them to each port at the back side of the case.
I wonder if it is possible to get a converter to connect the converter on to motherboard's IEEE 1394 pins and the another side of the converter to the normal IEEE 1394 plug ?
Can one tell me where I can buy such a converter or if there any other solution ?
Thank you very much.
Ay? If you want to use the front firewire(IEEE) port on the case, then connect its cable to the firewire connector on the motherboard. Thats it.

chinadoll
02-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi Pctek,
Thank for reply. I can,t connect its cable to the firewire connector on the motherboard. because it come with noraml firewire connection head (for extenal connection)not for the motherboard's firewire pins connection.
Thank you.

pctek
02-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi Pctek,
Thank for reply. I can,t connect its cable to the firewire connector on the motherboard. because it come with noraml firewire connection head (for extenal connection)not for the motherboard's firewire pins connection.
Thank you.
The pins on the motherboard are all the same. The cable attached to your cases front ports will have a connector to connect to it. What brand/model is your case and what model of motherboard is it?

Rob99
02-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Your mother board manuel will have instructions as to which wire goes on each pin, same for front USB

chinadoll
03-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Hi Pctek & Rob99
The motherboard is Gigabyte GA-81919P Duo Pro and Case is 3R System R700 Which come with front Firewire/USB/Audio ports, the USB cable is able to connect to usb header on the motherboard but firewire cable come with a normal extenal (firewire)connection head and audio connection cable come with two 3.5mm audio jack.( The manual said -identity and find out Audio I/O and Firewire port in the I/O panel [ back side of the case]then connect to each port.

But on my motherboard does have firewire connection header (pins) which does not fit to the normal firewire connector. That is why I wonder who may have solution how to convert the normal external firewire head into the header will be able to fit on motherboard's firewire connection (pins) header.

Can anyone help me please.

Thank you.

Rob99
03-05-2005, 12:39 AM
If this (http://www.techniz.co.uk/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=118) is your case I see what you mean. I think I have identified your wires here (http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/case_Rob99.jpg).
The way around this would be to install Firewire and the audio to the rear and hope those cables will reach through your case - out the back - and back into the plugs.
Normally they are like the USB plugs that you have, I havent seen your setup before, something to look out for. :stare:
[Edit:]Just checked out the 3R website and the instructions there show a different bunch of wires to what you have. Maybe take the case back.

chinadoll
03-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi Rob99,
Yes,that is what I mean Rob99 !
Thank you.