techiekid
30-04-2005, 03:51 PM
The Quiz: Whats You Favourite Pc Mag Rules

1 All Normal Press-F1 Rules Apply
2 No Dissing OTHERS you may however dis yourself

NOTE: TO DIS IS TO PUT DOWN

the highlander
30-04-2005, 03:56 PM
PC Authority Good articles, usable freeware on cover cd, the only downside is thats its aussie
Closely Follwed by Atomic
Used to be PC world but its too simplified now and sometimes they have sealed bags which really annoy me so i cant even browse thru to see if there is anything relevant I want to read.

techiekid
30-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry I Didn't Include More Mags In This poll if u want to vote for a unlisted mag choose a mixture of mags

pctek
30-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Atomic - Maximum Power Computing.
Hardware! Yay!

JJJJJ
30-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Quiz: Whats You Favourite Pc Mag
Shows something lacking in your knowledge of comp. mags.
WHY NO PC AUTHORITY?????????????????????????????

plod
30-04-2005, 04:46 PM
and where are all the mac magazines, Fix the poll or i will start dissing

the highlander
30-04-2005, 10:36 PM
There are mac magazines ? :eek:

plod
30-04-2005, 10:56 PM
There are mac magazines ? :eek:
There's whole industry's that have been built from the mac.
mags, ipod accesories, mac bashers and the list goes on

Aurealis_
30-04-2005, 11:05 PM
I thought Macintosh went out of business...

*gets out of the way of plods flames*

I am pretty dis-satisfied with all the magazines at the moment. I'm sick of paying $7-$12 for about 4 decent pages of content and a truckload of advertisements. I buy APC because of the bundled DVD. Bring me quality tutorials, unbiased and quality reviews, interesting and insightful commentary on the technological future and then I might buy you!

By the way, has anyone noticed the 2nd page ads for the Power Color X850XT followed by the review of the *gasp* - Power Color X850XT later in the mag?

Greg
30-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Huh?? The poll (however pointless) is a poll of PC magazines, on a PC forum. Why on Earth would it include Mac mag options???? :confused: :yuck: :confused:

Greg
30-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm sick of paying $7-$12 for about 4 decent pages of content and a truckload of advertisements.
Ditto. But who needs em when there's so much online content available for free (and in my case with a librarian missus who brings em home to me before the public get there mitts on em!)

ninja
01-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I seriously hope you're still running that bath kid. Don't forget to ask Mum where she keeps the hairdryer.

vapo
01-05-2005, 01:47 AM
Huh?? The poll (however pointless) is a poll of PC magazines, on a PC forum. Why on Earth would it include Mac mag options???? :confused: :yuck: :confused:
:lol: :lol:

the highlander
01-05-2005, 02:39 AM
There's whole industry's that have been built from the mac.
mags, ipod accesories, mac bashers and the list goes on
Whats an :eek: pod ? and where can I buy a mac basher ?

vapo
01-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Whats an :eek: pod ? and where can I buy a mac basher ?
I'd like to buy one too. :lol: :lol:

Sue
01-05-2005, 09:08 AM
New Zealand MacGuide
:thumbs:

I was under the impression that PC = Personal Computer.

Edward
01-05-2005, 10:35 AM
And I was under the impression that an Apple was a type of fruit. Why the hell would they create a whole magazine about them?

Besides, Apples aren't personal. You can only buy one bloody kind, where's the "personal" in that?

plod
01-05-2005, 11:00 AM
PC means personal computer ,not personal confuser , so yes mac and linux fall into that cat. I have even seen mac's reviewed in pc world as well as linux. So pull your head in

plod
01-05-2005, 11:02 AM
And I was under the impression that an Apple was a type of fruit. Why the hell would they create a whole magazine about them?

Besides, Apples aren't personal. You can only buy one bloody kind, where's the "personal" in that?
Did you learn that at play sckool Edward? well done go to top of class

Edward
01-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Resorting to personal arguments now are we? Clue: Macs aren't that important to get wound up about :groan:

techiekid
01-05-2005, 11:23 AM
I am pretty dis-satisfied with all the magazines at the moment. I'm sick of paying $7-$12 for about 4 decent pages of content and a truckload of advertisements. I buy APC because of the bundled DVD. Bring me quality tutorials, unbiased and quality reviews, interesting and insightful commentary on the technological future and then I might buy you!
I started this poll to find out what other users recomended so far a lot of users recomended Atomic although it was not in the poll thankyou for this as i will now see what atomic is like as a magazine

plod
01-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Resorting to personal arguments now are we? Clue: Macs aren't that important to get wound up about :groan:
well Edward if i really wanted to get personal i would start talking about your w*&% and your M*&^@% and a few other things, why would you like to start?

techiekid
01-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Macs and pc's both rule getit
Have you seen http://www.network-science.de/ascii/

It Rules