PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird has a large grey area

david1000
29-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I installed Thunderbird v1.0.2 last night on a laptop running windows ME.

When I first ran it, the bottom half of the window was grey with large red writng on it; presumably HTML code. I uninstalled then reinstalled Thunderbird. Problem gone.

Today, ran Thunderbird and the large grey area comes back.

Suggestions?

David

Rob99
29-04-2005, 02:53 PM
What did the big red words say?

Were they in the message pane F8?

Can you give us a screen shot?

sarel
29-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Rob, what does this mean?

Ita erat quando hic adveni

sarel

Rob99
29-04-2005, 03:27 PM
It was that way when I got here.

Jen
29-04-2005, 05:47 PM
I installed Thunderbird v1.0.2 last night on a laptop running windows ME.

When I first ran it, the bottom half of the window was grey with large red writng on it; presumably HTML code. I uninstalled then reinstalled Thunderbird. Problem gone.Was this a clean install or an upgrade of a previous version? Does the preview pane area always have the grey appearance when you click on different emails? What happens when you click on a text only (not HTML) email in the preview pane area?

david1000
29-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Trie and failed to include a screen-shot.

Was a clean install.

Grey area present on all windows of Thunderbird

Preview panel is off.

Words are:
label="&blockImageCmd.label;"
--------------------^

And the same two lines repeated again.

David

david1000
07-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Tried Thunderbird v1.0.2 on another computer but this time running XP. Same problem. Appears to be a bug in v1.0.2.

Installed v1.0. No problems.

b1naryb0y
07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
This is almost always caused by a corrupt extension.

Try Thunderbird Safe Mode (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode) . If that doesn't help, try a new profile (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager) . Note it will appear as if you've lost all your mail while you're using the new, test profile, because your mail is part of your profile.

Alternatively, try uninstalling all of your extension and/or themes and see if that solves the problem

If you install Thunderbird on a multi-user system in an area in which there is restricted access privileges, you must run Thunderbird as a user with access to that location upon installation so that all initial startup files are generated. If this is not done, when a user without write access to the install location attempts to start Thunderbird, they will not have sufficient privileges to allow Thunderbird to generate the initial startup files it needs to operate.

Was the Thunderbird 1.0.2 installation on your Windows XP machine a fresh install or an upgrade?