PDA

View Full Version : What the world needs now.... Is Nokia N90

Chilling_Silence
28-04-2005, 04:58 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D89O0HGO1.htm?campaign_id=apn_home_down

http://www.internetweek.com/allStories/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=161601260

vinref
28-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Very cool.

I wonder how well it plays with other gadgets like PCs, and if it supports open standards.

Overdrive_5000
28-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Those phones sound mean as :D but I bet they will be uber expensive when they first hit our shores

Phil B
28-04-2005, 10:25 PM
What the world need now is a phone that makes/receives calls & texts without all the gimmicky useless crap, is small, easy to use without looking & studying multi level menus & is drop proof. Too much to ask?

Chilling_Silence
29-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Nokia 1100 Phil ;-)

Phil B
30-04-2005, 12:16 AM
i don't know what a nokia 1100 is. I've no doubt it's overpriced & you can easily do without it

JJJJJ
30-04-2005, 07:52 AM
i don't know what a nokia 1100 is. I've no doubt it's overpriced & you can easily do without it

How True !

Terry Porritt
30-04-2005, 08:49 AM
How True !

Right, it is about time a small "brick" was re-invented, sans screen, just keypad with send and receive button, for those who have no interest whatsoever with all the bells and whistles.

lagbort
30-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Right, it is about time a small "brick" was re-invented, sans screen, just keypad with send and receive button, for those who have no interest whatsoever with all the bells and whistles.

Sounds like you need one of the little phones from europe, designed for parents to give to their kids, they only have 3 buttons and no screen, one button calls emergency services, one calls home and one calls another pre-assigned number :p, cant get much simpler than that...

Terry Porritt
30-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Sounds like you need one of the little phones from europe, designed for parents to give to their kids, they only have 3 buttons and no screen, one button calls emergency services, one calls home and one calls another pre-assigned number :p, cant get much simpler than that...

No... I just want a plain vanilla phone :thumbs:

Shortcircuit
30-04-2005, 03:32 PM

At last... a phone for blonds! One calls home to see if she has forgotten her hair appointment (strange- no answer), the 2nd calls the hairdresser to see if she is there yet (strange silence), the 3rd calls the police when she can't find her car keys :-)

(Please don't shoot me guys, I'm a 'natural' blond and can take the Mick out of myself!!!)