PDA

View Full Version : ADDING PICS TO WORDPAD DOCs

steamman
27-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi I have written to wordpad and I have some pics apertaining to the subject matter,Is it possible to add the relevant pics to the wordpad document. I have seen this before but cannot open the pics, I can drag and drop but no preview.is there a way to achieve this.

Speedy Gonzales
27-04-2005, 08:31 AM
I just tried it, u have to select insert object / change the tab to create from file.

Then select the pic. However it's blank. BUT if u double click on it the pic should appear.

steamman
27-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks speedy I will have a go
S

Murray P
27-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Why are you using Wordpad? If you want to do complex formatting, etc, in a document, it's not the best to use. Do you have Word? If not try Open Office, it's free.

steamman
28-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks Murray. is it then possible to transfer my article which is in Wordpad to Open Office or any of this type of word.I do hope so cos I have over 1000 kb of text and cant lose it.It sounds good though. tnx again

FoxyMX
28-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks Murray. is it then possible to transfer my article which is in Wordpad to Open Office or any of this type of word.I do hope so cos I have over 1000 kb of text and cant lose it.
I don't have Open Office installed at the moment but you could start OO then try opening your file in the program then save it as either a Word document or Rich Text Format (.rtf) document.

Alternatively you could copy and paste the contents of your Wordpad document into a new document in OO and save as required.

Remember to keep the original Wordpad document and "Save As" all copies created in OO whilst experimenting.