PDA

View Full Version : incorrect frequncy settings help

jse
27-04-2005, 03:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey all i've recentley built a pc for my parents but i can get it to boot past the bios everytime it boots i get the error message

your pc hung during the last boot up due to incorrect frequency settings your computer is now running in fail safe mode please make sure your frequncy settings match your cpu and dimm specifactions

so i try change the cpu speed (AMD athlon xp 2200) i have the choice between 1350mhz or 1800mhz no matter which i choose i get the error and i dont want to mess with manual settings in case i mess anything up anyone no what the cause is and how to rectify it?

hardware wise i have an asus a7s333 motherboard 256 ddr ram a geforce 4 (64mb) and thats it

tia

chiefnz
27-04-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm not clued up to AMD hardware but try lowering the front side bus, it could be that your FSB is running to high for your RAM. I'm not too sure and could be talking crap, but it's worth considering.

cheers

chiefnz

Speedy Gonzales
27-04-2005, 08:10 AM
I would go into the BIOS and set it to the default settings, and save the settings.

It shouldn't complain then. Then just reconfigure what u have in the system (IDE, USB, the floppy/CD's etc), so they actually work.

pctek
27-04-2005, 09:16 AM
The actual speed of it is 1800mhz. Check the dip switch etc on the MB is set to Jumper free, then do what Speedy said. SHould be fine then.