PDA

View Full Version : Help with homenetwork!

draftycloud
25-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Please could someone help with my homenetwork setup!!

My laptop and desktop share the internet (broadband) via a wireless network, but they dont seem to talk to each other in any other way! I cant get them to ping each other and the message "request timed out" keeps appearing. The IP addresses are okay, the subnet masks are okay and the default gateway seem to concur. All I want to do , is to be able to share the printer attached to the main desktop PC. ( I have enabled share on the Desktop Printer icon). I have also disabled Zonealarm on the laptop. I have Norton Internet Security and Spyware Doctor on the Desktop machine. What am I doing wrong? :help: Thanks

mogwai
25-04-2005, 07:19 PM
So does your laptop connect through your desktop to gain access to the internet? Or do both connect to the modem directly?
Also, NIS can cause problems so try shutting it down completely and trying again.

theother1
25-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Is the printer actually connected to your PC, or is it a wireless one on the network? If it is wireless, you don't need to enable sharing just, set up the printer and computer and set up the other computer with the same addresses

Rob99
26-04-2005, 12:46 AM
What are the OS's and all the settings.