PDA

View Full Version : LAN Gaming

Aurealis_
23-04-2005, 05:56 PM
When I first came to PressF1 I wasn't sure what I'd see. I knew I'd find some help, but the actual level of technical expertise and performance enthusiasts that peruse and post on this site is amazing.

So, I would like to find out how many of you guys are serious gamers. Please do take a moment to answer the question on my poll.

Cheers.

chiefnz
23-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I haven't been to a LAN party yet since moving to NZ but prior to arriving I played quite regulrly... ie every weekend.

I'm not a full out gamer, but I do play quite a bit. I love my strategy games, LOTR-BFME, Rise Of Nations, C & C. I also like FPS, Doom 3, HL-2, Far Cry etc. I'm currently looking into getting Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory as well. I play quite a bit of CS-Source too.

I have a busy work schedule so gaming isn't as regular as I would like it to be but when I do play it is usually for several hours on end.

cheers

chiefnz

Myth
23-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Not a gamer (if I do play games its just a simple java game or similar).
Wouldn't mind getting into one of the online role playing games eventually, but don't have ADSL, the graphix card capability, or the funds to pay for the game.

ad_267
23-04-2005, 06:18 PM
I play some CS:Source and Battlefield Vietnam over the internet but I don't think I would ever go to a LAN.

gibler
23-04-2005, 07:30 PM
I think I'm getting too old for a LAN :(

If Telecom would get their act together, then there would hardly be a reason for one (although it is really good to be able to actually see your team mates).

It can be a bit tricky finding games people all like such as Warcraft versus UT2004. And it isn't much fun when a few people dominate games.

Always good to see what PCs people show up with though.

pctek
23-04-2005, 07:33 PM
When I first came to PressF1 I wasn't sure what I'd see. I knew I'd find some help, but the actual level of technical expertise and performance enthusiasts that peruse and post on this site is amazing.

So, I would like to find out how many of you guys are serious gamers. Please do take a moment to answer the question on my poll.

Cheers.
Hmm. Thats a bit misleading. Define serious gamer. I love games, I have a gaming PC etc. I just bought an X850XT and its not so I can view my spreadsheets. However I don't go to LANs. So, is that meant to mean I'm not a gamer??

Aurealis_
23-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Hmm. Thats a bit misleading. Define serious gamer. I love games, I have a gaming PC etc. I just bought an X850XT and its not so I can view my spreadsheets. However I don't go to LANs. So, is that meant to mean I'm not a gamer??

True Pctek. I should have said "So, I would like to find out how many of you guys are gamers that participate in LANS and how often"

Jester
23-04-2005, 08:56 PM
I have had up to 5 mates and my son here at home with their PC's for some multiplayer BF1942, and the last lan I attended was the RLC in Rotovegas with just under 50 people there. It's good fun, no lag worries, and the opportunity to share too.

Next big LAN in Auckland is X-LAN. http://www.xlan.co.nz/ Looks to be something for everyone there.

You are never too old to have fun on a PC, and a LAN is a good opportunity to meet some of those who you may have played with and talked to.

Sam I Am
24-04-2005, 12:29 AM
I play CSS and alot of live for speed (driving sim)

If your near Welly check out http://lanplace.co.nz/

note: I am in no way conected to lanplace :)

burntfish
24-04-2005, 01:49 AM
I play games alot, at least couple of hrs a day. I hardly goes to LAN, probally once in a blue moon, but always use virtual lan over the intenet :D Its so much easier this way. Save me trouble bringing my pc to other ppls place.

ILikeLinux
24-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Next big LAN in Auckland is X-LAN. http://www.xlan.co.nz/ Looks to be something for everyone there.

Apart from those that are under the age limit....

Jester
24-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Get your parent/guardian to sign the consent form if you are under 18.

http://www.xlan.co.nz/consentform.pdf