PDA

View Full Version : Error 429

Ron24
22-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Using XPpro. Having downloaded a talking clock programme for a nearly blind friend, I get this error message.
"Runtime error 429 active X component can't create object"
Have downloaded and installed VB 6.0 runtime, which it said was neccessary and the clock has installed an icon in the start menu.
When I click on this icon the above message comes up.
Any help appreciated...Ron..

Speedy Gonzales
22-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Whats the name of this program??

Graham L
22-04-2005, 05:21 PM
It appears to be a security problem. Try a Google search with "vb6 error429 site:microsoft.com". The second link that gives suggests a small programme you can download (VB6Cli.exe) which fixes one form of security problem with VB. It can't do any harm to try that. ;)

Otherwise, it might be due to the "new improved" XP security. :(

Ron24
23-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Whats the name of this program??
The name of the programme is "Sayo'clock"..Thanks..

Ron24
23-04-2005, 02:28 PM
It appears to be a security problem. Try a Google search with "vb6 error429 site:microsoft.com". The second link that gives suggests a small programme you can download (VB6Cli.exe) which fixes one form of security problem with VB. It can't do any harm to try that. ;)

Otherwise, it might be due to the "new improved" XP security. :(

Your search - "vb6 error429 site:microsoft.com". - did not match any documents.

Thanks for the reply Graham, but no luck with Google, any ideas? Ron..

Overdrive_5000
23-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Ron24 this (http://www.martin2k.co.uk/vb6/posts/vb6post51.php) page may be of use 2 u :)

Graham L
24-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Your search - "vb6 error429 site:microsoft.com". - did not match any documents.

Thanks for the reply Graham, but no luck with Google, any ideas? Ron..

Unfortunately the keyboard I was using had been used for playing some game here in the library, and the space bar wasn't working very well. :badpc: Try a space between "error" and "429". Or even look for "VB6cli.exe" .

When someone gives you a search string, you can usually assume that it has worked. Sometimes the search engine's cache can change but that's rare. If a string doesn't give the expected results, that might be because it's been mistyped, so it's worth trying minor modifications until it does. Not everyone is infalllible and a perfect typist like me. :)

Not even me. :rolleyes: :D :thumbs:

Ron24
25-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys, Many thanks to all who have offered help, but have tried them all and it still comes up with the same error, so have given up.
Regards Ron..

Myth
25-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I know this doesn't solve your problem (the error you were getting could be anything from an unregistered VB component to ????)

Have a look at this clock

Multilingual Talking Clock (http://www.download.com/Multilingual-Speaking-Clock/3000-2350_4-4730300.html?tag=lst-0-1)

Its free, it works on XP SP2 (I downloaded it and tried it out for you) even although it says its only for Win 9x/ME/2000

Might help you and your friend out :)

Ron24
26-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Many thanks for the help, have downloaded the clock and it's working fine. Have passed it on to my handicapped friend and now await his results.
Regards Ron..
If you are wondering why I don't do it for him, he is near Wellington and I am in Auckland...