PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Please

lhun
21-04-2005, 11:35 PM
im sorta going for a full upgrade in a week or two, more then likely stay with amd, just personal preference, was looking at these two, not the best but sort of in my price range

Asus MB A8NSLI, NF4, SKT-939, PCIE x 2, SND, GBLAN, RAID

AMD CPU - Athlon64 3000+ Socket 939

was looking at those 2, can you guys please just give me any advice on the two, im also looking for a graphics card to perfom well with those 2 parts i mentioned above around the 300-400 price range, any advice would be very much appreciated

thanks

Simply_Si
21-04-2005, 11:49 PM
There is quite a good article on Anandtech (http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2358) that covers the board you are looking at along with three others. They seem to rate the DFI and MSI boards slightly better than the Asus, but also mention that there is VERY little in it.

It seems that the DFI wins due to it's superb set of system tweaks and the MSI came second as it comes with built in Creative sound.

As far as a video card, obviously you have to go with a 6600GT and there doesn't really seem to be all that much difference in performance of any of the major contenders.