PDA

View Full Version : Descent Freespace: Silent Threat - Really annoying problem

Agent_24
21-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Ok, so I was bored last night and remembered I had bought Silent Threat on trademe, and decided to play the new campaign.

Installed, everything went fine, I patched to latest version (1.06 EAX), launched, no problem.

Did the first mission Ok, no worries, then the 2nd, with no problems. clicked accept and the 3rd mission started loading. next thing I know it's crashed to desktop with this error:

---------------------------
Error!
Error: Invalid ship class name.

In sexpression: ( when
( true )
( tech-add-ships "SB Seraphim" )
)
(Error appears to be: SB Seraphim)

File:E:\Projects\freespace\Mission\MissionParse.cp p

Line: 3288

Call stack:

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

[ This info is in the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere now ]

Use Ok to break into Debugger, Cancel exits.

OK Cancel

Clicking OK results in the game continuing as normal, however when the Seraphim bombers warp in, they appear as GTF ulysses fighters instead.

Not exactly preventing me from playing the game, but quite annoying as it seems all the 'new' Silent Threat ships don't work.

4th mission comes up with a similar error..

I have re-installed about 5 times, with patch, without patch, patching before, patching after. same thing. Can't find any reference to it on the internet so I don't think its a common error.

what the heck is going on here? :confused: :confused: :confused:

pctek
21-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Have you tried the game manufacturers support site? If the question isn't already in their forum you should be able to post it there for them to get back to you.

I suppose you have done all the usual that they will ask you? Updated graphics, sound drivers etc, correct DirectX version and all that? Turned off any background progs, PC meets min game specs..

Agent_24
21-04-2005, 08:53 PM
my pc exceeds the min specs by quite a bit :D , and all drivers/directx are up to date.

i'm pretty sure it's something to do with the expansion's files, though I don't know how...

The original FS1 campaign works fine... :annoyed:

Agent_24
21-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Posted an email off to volition with my problem, hopefully they still do tech support for the game...