PDA

View Full Version : Sharing full outlook on one machine under XP.

FlynnNz
18-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I have seen a few posts on sharing one email account using outlook express but how do you allow two users to see all the mail when using Outlook 2000 or 2002?
Currently I leave the messages on the server and when my wife logs on it redownloads them. This method works but is messy and doubles the amount of downloading and storage on the machine.
Is there a better way? I haven't seen an option to direct where the mail is stored but I may be looking in the wrong place :-(

Any help most appreciated.

Regards

Flynn

pctek
18-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Normally its the other way around, 2 email accounts using one mail prog.
Just downlaod them, they sit in your inbox folder in Outlook until such time as you chose to delete them so your wife can still read them.

merlin
19-04-2005, 01:00 AM
I have seen a few posts on sharing one email account using outlook express but how do you allow two users to see all the mail when using Outlook 2000 or 2002?
Currently I leave the messages on the server and when my wife logs on it redownloads them. This method works but is messy and doubles the amount of downloading and storage on the machine.
Is there a better way? I haven't seen an option to direct where the mail is stored but I may be looking in the wrong place :-(

Any help most appreciated.

Regards

Flynn

Start here and come back if you get lost.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm

What you want is possible if what you have said is what you really mean.
However, there are incompatibility issues when accessing message stores with different versions of Outlook. Upgrade to the same version to avoid problems.

Quote For The Week
Even paranoids have real enemies
- Anonymous

FlynnNz
19-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the replys and sorry for the confusion.

Pctek, as we are loging on using different "users" so we can configure things the way we like them, when one person conects they get all the mail and it doesnt show in the other persons inbox unless you leave a copy on the server.

Merlin

I have 2000 loaded but could upgrade to 2002 that came with my pda.
I will try out the solution tonight and let you know how it went.

Regards

Flynn

drcspy
19-04-2005, 02:08 PM
heres another simple way..........create a third 'user' .............call them 'mail' and use that one ONLY for collecting mail..........then you can both log into it and read/send etc the mail.......

merlin
19-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Confirm if this is what you require. Amend if it is not.

Objective:
Synchronise data between pda with Outlook.

Objective:
Download email to a single pst file that can be accessed by two user profiles on the same computer. Access by each user profile will be at different times.

Objective:
Share a single personal address book with access by two user profiles on the same computer. Access by each user profile will be at different times.

Objective:
Data security is not required.

Quote For The Week
Retirement means twice as much husband and half as much money
- Anonymous