PDA

View Full Version : need help with broadband

red-dragon
17-04-2005, 09:05 PM
:help: ive installed and conected everything right but when i go to connect to the net it come up with "no dial tone" what do i do?

ad_267
17-04-2005, 09:13 PM
with broadband you don't dial up using your modem. You should be connected to the internet without doing anything

Jen
17-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Welcome to PressF1 :)

You don't use your dialup connection to connect to broadband (ADSL), which is why you are getting a no dial tone error message. What sort of ADSL modem do you have? (Brand / model number). If you read your modem manual it will tell you how to access the web interface to set up your user details etc.

Speedy Gonzales
17-04-2005, 09:21 PM
with broadband you don't dial up using your modem. You should be connected to the internet without doing anything

Some PCI adsl modems u do have to dial up.

I installed a PCI modem a few mths ago, for a mate.

And had to dialup to get onto the net. And he has to dialup everytime he reboots the system.

pctek
17-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Or the problem could be that while the router is set up right, the browser still has the dial up connection left in settings and is trying to use it by default.
Delete it.

Ash M
17-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Some PCI adsl modems u do have to dial up.

I installed a PCI modem a few mths ago, for a mate.

And had to dialup to get onto the net. And he has to dialup everytime he reboots the system.

Not quite Speedy. The modems don't actually dial anything. With PCI ADSL modems there is a 'Dial UP' connection, but the modem doesn't physically dial a number. Normally in the number field there is a 0 or a string of some kind.

Speedy Gonzales
17-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Well true. Altho its still not connected to the net permanently.