PDA

View Full Version : Tracking cookies are anoying

brandysson
16-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Got these tracking cookies which are supposed to be a low risk security but still I reckon they are a pain! Anybody know how to kill then or delete or munch them up??
Regards

Speedy Gonzales
16-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Try this http://www.ccleaner.com

Download install and click on run cleaner

tweak'e
16-04-2005, 04:19 PM
simply don't go to the website they come from (or make your browser/pc not go those sites).

Speedy Gonzales
16-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Most sites give u a cookie. You have no choice. And if u want something from that site, well u have to go to it, dont u.

You could block the site/s from sending cookies, but then some sites wont let u do anything if u do.

tweak'e
16-04-2005, 04:30 PM
obvoiusly the person is useing a spyware cleaner which is picking up these " low risk security tracking cookies". the same spyware remover will most likly removethose cookies.
the only way to prevent getting them is to either not accept cookies or not go to the sites. seeing as most of these tracking cookies are from ad servers its not a big deal to block them with the nice benifit of speeding up your internet browsing.

FoxyMX
16-04-2005, 04:52 PM
You could set your browser to clear all cookies and browsing history at the end of each internet session.

beetle
16-04-2005, 05:01 PM
How??????????

beetle

Oxie
16-04-2005, 05:05 PM
brandysson

I am not sure which browser you are using, but if using IE you can also do the following:

Click on Tools, Internet Options, Privacy Tab and click on Advanced. Place a tick next to Override automatic cookie handling. Change Third-party Cookies to Block. For added security you could also change First-party Cookies to Prompt (assuming you do not wish to block them).

Oxie (Lyn)

pctek
16-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Mozilla. Preferences. Privacy and Security. Cookies.
Several choices inc Block Cookies. Of course it would stuff up some websites.
Also my firewall has the same option. (ZA Pro)

FoxyMX
16-04-2005, 05:15 PM
How??????????
Howdy to you too! :D

Oh, you mean how to clear your cookies? :p

In Internet Explorer: Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Security > Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

In Opera: Go to Tools > Preferences > Security > Cookies > put a tick in Delete new cookies when exiting Opera.

In Firefox: No idea, I don't use it. :p

Look in Options, there may be a setting somewhere otherwise check out the Firefox Extensions webpages.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure that IE will delete the cookies like Opera does, or just the temp files but there is only one way to find out. ;)

Arghhh!!! I must type out 500 times: I must refresh my browser window before posting!!!! :@@:

Safari
17-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Keep deleted cookies from sneaking back and spying on you

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-6198770-1.html

ninja
17-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Turn off automatically accepting cookies in your browser. You'll soon get pretty pissed at getting prompted to allow them each time you visit a site.

Don't see why you're that concerned about them anyway - not everything on the interwebnet is bad. :groan: