PDA

View Full Version : 2 easy questions (i think)

bendetto
16-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Okay, my first one is, since my windows xp proffessional edition SP2 update, my computer has been giving me an account login screen everytime i turn it on, i mean whats going on, i cant find a way to disable it. It doesnt ask for a password, the name is User or Guest and when i click it, it just logs in. Anyone know how to fix this?

Secondly, after getting my mobo repaired (finnaly) i come home, use it, and okay good, now my cd drive works, hmm thats odd my usb port doesnt work. STILL, and when i was using my replacement mobo( thanks to the store, it was a foxconn 2.4ghz mobo or something ), the usb ports worked. SIGH dont tell me its still broken? BTW my mobo is a pentium 4 2.4 ghz.

Myth
16-04-2005, 12:46 PM
As far as the USB port is concerned, could be that it hasnt been connected or connected correctly. If the comp is under warranty, send it back.
It could also be software clash but I doubt it.

As for sign in, have you gone to Control Panel>Users>Change the way users log on and off? Untick the Use Welcome Screen

Simply_Si
16-04-2005, 12:48 PM
To change the way you log into your computer go to "Start" and then "Control Panel". When you click on "User Accounts" you will be able to alter the way the computer logs you on by using the "Change the way users log on or off".

The problem with the USB ports could be due to a lack of drivers. Check the motherboard driver disk and if you don't have one you should be able to find the drivers at your motherboards site.

HTH

pctek
16-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Secondly, after getting my mobo repaired (finnaly) i come home, use it, and okay good, now my cd drive works, hmm thats odd my usb port doesnt work. STILL, and when i was using my replacement mobo( thanks to the store, it was a foxconn 2.4ghz mobo or something ), the usb ports worked. SIGH dont tell me its still broken? BTW my mobo is a pentium 4 2.4 ghz.
The USB will work without drivers - only at 1.1 thouggh - to get USB2.0 you need SP1 at least.
Your mobo is not a P4 2.4 - thats your CPU.
I'd take it back and tell them its still not working - they fixed it, or suppoedly did therefore its their responsibility - even if it is drivers, which I doubt.