PDA

View Full Version : Im talking audio hear GET IT??? PLEASE some one help me

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I need help with audio and maybe some of you guys do to anyone??

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I need help with audio and maybe some of you guys do to anyone?? mostly the fact that i only hear audio from wmp ??

yeah anytime now

Jen
13-04-2005, 07:11 PM
In order for us to help you, you will need to provide more details about this problem. What OS do you use? Have you checked the volumes under Sound in the Control panel? Is it all audio file types that this happens to? What other programs can you not hear sound from? Do you still hear the computer System sounds eg, closing down, startup sounds.

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Um, i dont know what os is but ive checked all the sound configurations and they seem normal. Basicaly i switched my pc on and the only programe that played and audio at all was wmp?? i think it might be sum sorta option that durin playback, it turns off all other ambient/background sounds i dont no??

Jen
13-04-2005, 07:23 PM
OS is Operating System eg Windows XP, Windows 2000 etc.

So this problem only just happened? Have you made any changes software wise on your computer?

Try running some sound tests by going Start > Run. Enter in dxdiag - OK. Do the sound tests and let us know what happens.

Prescott
13-04-2005, 07:30 PM
hah, after 2 min you expect answer?
sorry but whats the problem? WMP plays sound but nothing else does?

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh im running XP Home, and yeah my brutha has recently been findling around with some headphones and trying to get them to run in colaboration with my speakers, but he succeded i dont think its the headphones this problem only occured yesterday.
Directx sound test gave me this message :DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

directx 2 gave me this message:DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

this is my first time using a forum what is your job as moderator exactly
and thanx for all the help

pctek
13-04-2005, 07:31 PM
yeah anytime now
obnocious - yep sure are. And bad at spelling.

Prescott
13-04-2005, 07:31 PM
what version of Directx?
try reinstalling your sound drivers

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi Prescot,
HAHA yeah ive neva used a forum before and i thought that...........well i didnt really know what was going to happen so i just wrote that to see how it works. Yeah thats pretty well the problem nothing else has audio accept windows media player like websites, msn, everything has no sound except wmp

Jen
13-04-2005, 07:39 PM
this is my first time using a forum what is your job as moderator exactlyI help with the other Moderators to make sure this forum and its members abide by the rules and keep things friendly.

Speaking of which ...
obnocious - yep sure are. And bad at spelling.Was that necessary? You aren't even trying to contribute to helping with the problem that the poster has with your post. Don't post it if you can't keep it nice.

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Directx 9 i dont know how to reinstall my drivers (gulp) hey my spelling isn't bad i was just trying write fast, can everyone read this or just people who i quickreply to??

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Ive recently booted up my pc to find that only wmp can play any audio. Every other aspect of my pc is muted,
any help??

Prescott
13-04-2005, 08:42 PM
have you turned on all of your volumes?

Obnocious
13-04-2005, 08:47 PM
yeah i have ive cheked all that stuff
the moderator told me to use dxdiag to do a sound test i got this error:
DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

the highlander
13-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Try this
1.Go to start
2.control panel
3.system
4.Hardware
5.device manager
6.sound video and game controllers and see if anything has a yellow exclaimation mark next to it.

Ollie123
13-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Hey,
What program do you normally use to play your audio? Do you have an upgraded sound card, speakers?

Obnocious
14-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Ollie,
Thanx for all the help, im terible with this technology so i really hope someone can come up with a solution because i certainly wont. I dont quite know what programe i use i think either creative audigy or soundblaster live and no i havent upgraded my pc recently it truely is BIZaaaare however im used to these rather out of the blue instances i am not however used to forums or fixing my problems lol

Jen
14-04-2005, 04:34 PM
When you said you checked all your sound configurations, did this also include the Creative's sound management that is part of the driver? Looking around google, some have reported this error when they had one of the Creative Sounds settings on 0%. If you have this program installed, it should be found under Control Panel > Audio HQ > EAX Control > Master Tab. See whether the chorus setting is at 100%.

Seeing as you brother has been fiddling with the settings when setting up headphones and speakers he might of changed a few settings.

Obnocious
14-04-2005, 11:38 PM
HHHHHMMmmm, i think it might just be a problem with creative sounds. It locks up a lot and comes up with error messages
'Creative Surround Mixer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. tell microsoft about this'
along those lines. Also if i click 'test' the computer restarts and says it has recovered from a serious error. Also there are two red crosses one above the microphone sign and one above another icon that looks like a cd type disk with a musical not next to it.
Would a reinstall of creative not be advisable??

george12
15-04-2005, 12:38 AM
This kind of unstability is often the problem with outdated and poorly written software that comes with hardware sadly. Things like motherboard apps and 3rd party mixers often fall into this group.

In Device manager, see if there are any yellow exclamation marks next to anything - the instructions are in this thread. Otherwise check that the mixer thing you have (creative) is compatible with Windows XP. If you can (without losing mixing ability), ditch it altogether.

Anyone can read the messages/replies you post, so that we can all help you. The only way to do otherwise is to send a PM (Private Message) which is sort of like an e-mail.

Ollie123
15-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey,
I use the Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card. If you use creative programs try these.
Under the Creative folder in the start menu, (start, Programs, Creative,
Audigy 2 ZS) and go to THX Setup console and make sure that the out put selection is on anilog output.

Go to Control Panel, (Start,Control panel) then to Sounds, speech and audio devices and click on "Adjust system volume". Have a look around all of the settings, click on the advanced buttons and all of the tabs along the top. Just make sure the sound card is set as the default device and that nothing is muted or turned down.

The little red plus signs abouve the signs mean that a microphone has enabled for use, (if you click on the cross the advanced controls will come up).
What you need to do here is LEFT click on the cross, (a list should come up), and select S/PDIF-In, the CD sign should be right.

Start, Programs, Creative, Audigy 2 ZS, Creative Diognostics. Run through these tests to make sure all components are fully working. After the test is complete click on the "test Speakers" button, select your speaker configeration and click "Test".

If any of this dosn't work I have a few more options that you may want to try.
Good Luck!!
:thumbs:

Obnocious
15-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all the help guys,
It turns out my default music driver is C-media wave.
I tried testing the speakers and things for sound blaster but every time I change a setting the computer crashes.

HOLD THE PHONE i was just fiddling around and i got it!!!! its fixed just had to change my default device over to sound blaster. Sorry to put you guys through all this.
And thanks everyone for trying to help out especially you ollie i wouldnt of gone in those options without your help

THANK YOU ALL

Metla
15-04-2005, 06:48 PM
You should disable the onboard audio in your bios....

caspen55
01-05-2005, 05:58 PM
I am having similar problem to obnocious. My computer was in storage for a year and shortly before that I installed a CD burner then reformatted my hard drive. I suspect the problem occurred then.

Can't hear wave or midi files, or CDs or system sounds (didn't think you needed speakers for those) or any other sounds, nothing off the net, nothing from Windows Media Player - zip.

Have checked sound card which appears to be connected to both CDs and what I assume to be the motherboard or whatever.

Have checked Yamaha sound options, sounds in Control Panel, removed file type associations in QuickTime, checked multimedia devices, changed audio devices to "use any available" lots of audio compression codecs - don't know what they are, sound is not muted, the icon doesn't have a cross through it, all plugged in and switched on.

Metla said: "You should disable the onboard audio in your bios...." - don't know how to do that.

Following message seems to indicate prob with DirectX:
"Unsigned drivers. Microsoft has not tested unsigned drivers for full compatibility with the latest version of DirectX. It is recommended that you use drivers that are digitally signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL)."

There is a driver which is WHQL for DirectX 7, but that (7) is no longer available. Have installed DirectX 9.

Removed system speaker from Device Manager and reinstalled Windows 98. Reinstalled Yamaha sound card drivers and updated driver at opendrivers.com.

I ran dxdiag (before updating driver) which tells me:

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: YAMAHA DS-XG Direct Sound Driver
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1073&DEV_000D&SUBSYS_000D1073&REV_03\BUS_00&DEV_0C&FUNC_00
Manufacturer ID: 37
Product ID: 27
Type: VXD
Driver Name: YDSXG.VXD
Driver Version: 4.05.0000.1023 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: No
Date and Size: 9/19/1998 00:21:30, 953998 bytes
Other Files: ydsxg.vxd
Driver Provider: YAMAHA
HW Accel Level: Full
Cap Flags: 0xD1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 100000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 8, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Registry: OK
Sound Test Result: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

Sound Tab 1: The file YDSXG.VXD is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code).

Can anyone help? :badpc:

Regards
Christine Spence

caspen55
01-05-2005, 06:11 PM
ooooo "Junior Member" - love that:-)

Will I be notified of posts to this thread or do I check back periodically?

Christine