PDA

View Full Version : Getting bigger display picture in MSN 7

Renmoo
12-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Greetings PressF1, I wonder does anyone of you have any idea on displaying bigger picture in MSN Messenger 7? StuffPlug doesn't work with MSN 7 anymore and only MSN 6.2 users and below will see a bigger display picture from their friends. MSN 7 will only see the regular size. Cheers :)

Overdrive_5000
12-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Are you meaning the pic that is displayed in the contact list or the one in the conversation window ?

Renmoo
12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Are you meaning the pic that is displayed in the contact list or the one in the conversation window ?
Yup

Overdrive_5000
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
The one in the contact list can be changed by in messenger clicking tools options then under general select large thumbnails then click apply.

sal
12-04-2005, 11:13 PM
The one in the contact list can be changed by in messenger clicking tools options then under general select large thumbnails then click apply.
nah, he's talking about abnormally bigger ones.

Overdrive_5000
12-04-2005, 11:20 PM
nah, he's talking about abnormally bigger ones.
Oh right well then I have no clue whatsoever on how to achieve that or even why one would want a massive display pic :@@:

Renmoo
23-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Solution: Download the latest Messenger Plus (http://www.msgplus.net/) and StuffPlug (http://www.stuffplug.com) , provided that the person you are chatting with is not using MSN Messenger 7 beta version.

Cheers :)

dlerche
12-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Is it true that MSN Plus includes alot of spyware? :groan:

Prescott
12-05-2005, 09:01 PM
no

Midavalo
12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Is it true that MSN Plus includes alot of spyware? :groan:It appears to have a lot of extra stuff (my spyware blockers went mad when I tried to install it), but it appeared to have an uninstall for the spyware (which was odd) and my blockers seemed quite happy after I ran that. So I'd say that yes, it does include a lot of spyware, but it appears you can uninstall them... I'm about to do a full spyware scan, so I'll see how happy they are after that...

Hmmm...

M.

Midavalo
12-05-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm about to do a full spyware scan, so I'll see how happy they are after that...Spybot didn't find anything. MS Antispyware, however, found it - here is what it said about it:
Messenger Plus!
Type: Software Bundler
Threat Level: Moderate
Author: Patchou

Description: Messenger Plus! is an add-on for MSN Messenger. During installation, users may install an adware program called C2Media which is also known as LOP.com.

Advice: This is a low risk application and will not cause direct harm to your computer, removing it is not required. However, it is strongly recommended that you review this application's End User License Agreement (EULA) as well as review the application's privacy policies.

Since this application gives you the option to not install the adware that comes bundled, we recommend ignoring it.So... :)

M.

sal
13-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Is it true that MSN Plus includes alot of spyware?The answer is not a simple 'no'. It does come with spyware, but Messenger Plus has a REAL option of not installing it. Follow each install step carefully, and watch out for the checkbox concerning the sponsor program.

Renmoo
13-05-2005, 06:51 AM
There is a deadly adware bundle inside Messenger Plus named "lop". However, if you look at every screen carefully before clicking "next" during the installation, you should be able to spot a prompt asking you whether you want to support them by installing a toolbar in your brower. Click "no" or something like that.

Cheers :)