PDA

View Full Version : Laptop lcd resolution

mejobloggs
11-04-2005, 11:43 AM
1280x800 is the resolution. It makes games a bit weird, all stretched out, so things are short and fat.

I think it is because the games,(take AOE2 for an e.g.) only have settings like 800x600, 1024x768.

Is there any way I can over-ride a programs screen resolution, and force it to use 1280x800 ?

Or, if that is not possible, perhaps I could get the laptop to show the game at 1024x768, and just leave the rest of the screen black, instead of stretching it?

It would be much appreciated.

KiwiTT_NZ
11-04-2005, 11:56 AM
I noticed on my graphics card driver, I could select how it fills the screen.

I have a Nvidia Graphics Card.

FoxyMX
11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
I have never used or even looked at it myself but have seen this program (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=718) mentioned a few times. It might do what you want.

Another program is this one (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=389) though it is not as sophisticated as the other one.

Speedy Gonzales
11-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Whats the maximum resolution the videocard/laptop can handle??

Try changing the hertz see if makes any diff.

mejobloggs
12-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Will any of those programs override the game settings?

I dont know what the max res. is, but the native res. is 1280 x 800. Also, I didn't know you could change the hertz on an LCD

godfather
12-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Whats the maximum resolution the videocard/laptop can handle??

Try changing the hertz see if makes any diff.

Changing the refresh rate Hz is unlikely to be helpful, or effective.

Look in the BIOS to see if there is an over-riding setting to stop it "stretching" the display and allowing it to map to the actual pixel resolution.

If there, it will be "LCD DISPLAY STRETCH" or similar, set it to disabled. Its not included on all laptops BIOS though.

Metla
12-04-2005, 06:16 PM
uh.....Just force the game to run in a window....

And no, I don't know how to do it.

................HA

Google may have the answer,but I do recall adding crap to the shortcut of certain games to get em to run in a window,many moons ago.....

mejobloggs
13-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Google may have the answer,but I do recall adding crap to the shortcut of certain games to get em to run in a window,many moons ago.....

Yeah, but not all games have this option. AOE and Rise of Nations does not seem to, and that is one of my main worries