PDA

View Full Version : Files

08-09-2000, 11:24 AM
Juha

My problem is one of upgrading a task I complete very efficiently in DOS but have been unable to work out how I can do it in any version of Windows.

I use a little TSR program that effectively copies many files into ONE file, it does it by using the print command and keeps printing the contents of the selected files to one file. The same result can be obtained by using the dos copy command with the + key but it is very laborious and limited to three files at a time.

Presently I just tag or mark all the files while in a dos shell program, that I want combined into the one file then select print and away it goes in a matter of seconds.

The clipboard and append function found in Windows is too slow and impractical for my task as I'm combining hundreds of files into the one file.

Are you able to point me in the direction of a program that will complete the same task in Windows or give me an indication of how I might go about it in Windows V98,

The files in question are data files collected daily and are all of the same comma separated format

Looking forward to any clues
Bob Horrocks