PDA

View Full Version : Nero Digital

Chilling_Silence
07-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Any experiences with it?

I cant encode to it, its complaining of liscencing restrictions on MPeg4 and says to install Nero 6 Ultra... Which Ive got at work?

Any ideas?

Regards

Chill.

Murray P
07-04-2005, 11:51 PM
DRM. MPEG4's is stronger and/or more interoperable, ie; they've put their heads together to thwart your attempts to make your legit backup copies or burn your paid for download which you need to media shift, and, have probably managed to break it for much more besides.

Maybe a firmware hack for your DVD and some other little niceties would work, but that's not allowed because it could be construed as stealing back what was yours, and we all know that two wrongs righted makes another bigger wrong in the software vendor and "creative" media distributer scheme of things.

Pardon the rant :blush:

Edit:

Or it could be that your current Nero doesn't have the right codecs so you'll need to purchase more to handle MPEG4.

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2005, 08:21 AM
It wont be the first

But for the second, Ive gone and installed both Pack 1 and Pack 2 updates from the website?!

Speedy Gonzales
08-04-2005, 09:05 AM
I think it's an option.

I'ts embedded in Nero, as part of the install.

BUT u need a serial to actually activate it.

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Which I have, got a friend in Canada who purchased it for me as payment for some small work I did.....

Speedy Gonzales
08-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Youre talking about Nero digital Audio MP4??

As in the Audio not video format??

Which u use if u wanna rip an audio cd thru Nero Express / more / save tracks (Well with the Windows version)??

Or Dolby digital 5:1 as in sound for DVD?

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
No, Nero Digital as in the Video codec that is derived from Mpeg4.

The Video format

I dont care about the Audio format....

2 Channel audio will do but its not what Im after here.

Basically I have a DVD from Easter Camp '05 that I want to put on Nero Digital MP4 Video... Does the same with other DVD's too :(

Rob99
08-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Do you have NeroVision Express, I use this to make MPEG4 and it allows for DVD creation as well.

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, NVE is Package 2 from the Nero website.

I have Pack1 (Nero) and Pack2 (NVE).

NVE is whats complaining when I try and recode. It plays the DVD fine though in Showtime?!

Speedy Gonzales
08-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Is whatever u want to burn still on the hdd or on a dvd??

Try Nero Recode if its a file on the hdd. Select the 4th option in Recode.
if its still on the hdd.

Hmm it looks like recode is for AFTER u add titles/whatever to it. Coz all this does, is load the video and reburn / recode the video to MPeg-4 format.

Or if u want titles on whatever / use NVE, then burn it to the hdd not the burner, then once the titles etc are on it (if u want the titles) reload the vid into recode. Dunno if the same error will apppear in Recode, if it appeared in Nerovision.

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
It doesnt matter if its on the HDD or still on the DVD.

Recode was initially giving me an application error just after I clicked on what I wanted to do (Recode a DVD), only now it just does nothing.

If I bring up the MediaServer application, it tells me that I cant select Nero Digital because of MP4 liscencing restrictions....

Ive used all applications/options, its a liscencing issue, not an operator error.
What I want to know is _how_ to fix this because it shouldnt be coming up. What codec or whatever do I need to install. What registry setting do I need to tweak.... Do I need to purchase something more?

Cheers

Chill.

Speedy Gonzales
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
What serial numbers appear under nero startsmart?? Under the flame/serial numbers??

Are there any serial numbers here?

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I dont know, I dont have it here in front of me.. I put in a different serial for Nero than for NVE IIRC

Speedy Gonzales
08-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Well I think the MPeg4 serial if it isnt in startsmart it's totally different from Nero or Nerovision.

And if the serial isnt there, u wont get the option to use it.

Chilling_Silence
08-04-2005, 04:40 PM
So ive gotta buy a seperate mpeg4 serial?

Chilling_Silence
09-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Re-downloaded it and its fine.

Checked the MD5's against them, and it seems that when I FTP'd it home from work it screwed up :(

All is good, and the quality is AMAZING!!!!

Im talking two hours down to 700MB and its PERFECT!!

ChrisPUT
14-10-2005, 05:57 AM
I'm guessing that it started working BECAUSE you re-downloaded it. When you install, it gives you a trail version of the MPEG4 encoder. It will probably work for a month and then start giving you that message again unless you pay for the MPEG4 plug-in.

Chilling_Silence
14-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi ChristPUT, welcome to PressF1.

Actually, these days Nero are offering a "CE" edition of NeroRecode which comes with full mp4 functionality!

Ive been using this version instead.

I cant remember the URL, but its on the AHEAD FTP, so if I find it I'll post the URL :)

Cheers

Chill.

Chilling_Silence
14-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Just when Ive posted....

ftp://ftp.nero.com/NeroRecodeCE21120.exe