PDA

View Full Version : Word template help

darro
05-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Have set up a letter template that prompts you to fill in names, addresses, subject and salutation.
One small problem is when I've finished entering the data and ready to type the body of the letter, the cursor appears at the top of the page. I want it to appear on the correct line ready to start typing.
Hope you can help
Cheers
Greg

Scouse
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi Darro. If you followed the routine for creating such a template, it should be impossible for the Insertion Point to appear anywhere other than one of your client input fields.
Having created the template and entered the appropriate fields, using the Forms toolbar, click on Tools > Protect Document.
In the Protect Document side bar click on Editing Restrictions > Allow only this type of editing in this document.
Select from the offered... Filling in Forms.
Then click Yes, start enforcement.
After completing the password routine, save/close the Template.
Open the document as a .doc file by clicking on File > New and selecting from your templates, but make sure that the .doc button is selected - it is the default so should be already highlighted.
The Insertion Point should appear in the first field. Good luck. :cool:

darro
05-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks Scouse, but not sure if it's what I was after. Am not using forms, am using fill-in fields. ie a box pops up headed type in name and address - this is filled in and you click on OK, and then move on to the next field etc. After this has been done and you are ready to start typing the body of the letter the cursor is at the very top line of the document. I want it to appear 2 lines under the subject line ready to start typing.
If you like I could email you the template so you can see what I'm getting at.
Cheers
Greg

Scouse
06-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi Folks - by way of a "bump".
I had a look at darro's problem and couldn't sort it.
Its an old template which he has modified and damaged.
I have suggested that he start again from new.
Or download and modify one of MS's standard templates.
Anyone out there a wizard on Word Templates? :cool: