PDA

View Full Version : wireless T1 connection

Phoenix-Wolf
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Greetings all:

First I want to apologize if this is the incorrect forum.

Here is my problem

I have a T1 connection but it does not use the protocol that most regular T1 uses, this is a microwave T1 connection.

Now for a long time I had to have 2 PCs connected to the internet using a Linksys 4-port Router. However even with the TCP port and UDP ports set to what I was told is correct, and also I checked the programs them selves to make sure they were right. However they did not connect very good and many times I was not even able to access internet.

I went looking around the net for some ideas and saw that my router does not work on T1 (I asked my IP if this is true but because I have wireless T1 it uses the same protocol that DSL uses. So no problem them as far as the router being compatible.

Any way I wanted to drop you this question to get some more input on it

Here is what I Want to do remove the router. I did it but ever 30 or so minutes I am disconnected with something like IP conflict something to that nature. The modem box should be able to connect right to my PC with no problem but it often disconnects. And I have to reset it.

This did not happen when I had the router but when the router was in the connections were slower and some times it would disconnect with no explanation's and even under (network Connections) it would say they are both working.

Note: when I have the router connected I see two connection.

1 the LAN connection
2 the Internet connection

When I have the modem connected only it shows the LAN Connection only

Now I know that when I have one thing connected it should only show one connection :rolleyes: (of course) but I would think it should show internet not LAN.

Here is what I would like to know how do I fix this problem the constant disconnection do I set the
IP address
Subnet mask
Default Gateway

The DNS server addresses

Do I set all of these my self or leave it to Obtain automatically.

PS I know that most of the questions should be asked to my IP but I need some more input on it..

Thank you

And if you do not know already I am using :yuck:Windows XP pro :yuck: :badpc:

Rob99
03-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Here is what I would like to know how do I fix this problem the constant disconnection do I set the
IP address
Subnet mask
Default Gateway

The DNS server addresses

Do I set all of these my self or leave it to Obtain automaticallyI would set all these manually for both computers and the modem/router.

Phoenix-Wolf
04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but I set the IP address and the Subnet mask to what was on at the time that it was on automatically Obtain IP address and it stopped working.

I did nothing to the Gateway and the DNS seriver Should I?

And if I need to set them up where do I get it from? My IP or is there a common setting like the Subnet mask has.

Also when I disconected and reconnected the power to my modem it changes the IP address so if this is the case will setting it to manual even work. And if it won't work setting it to manual then is there a program that can monitor the connection to keep it for disconnecting.

PS I am not using the router any more it seem to slow my connection down to much and I know that it should work with out it.

Again thank you for your help:

Phoenix-Wolf
06-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Well like I said It could be something else and (I believe it was I had a p2p program LimeWire by name any way I believe it was the problem. Found it out by accident but any way it seems to work now

Any way
Thank your all for you help

Rob99
06-04-2005, 03:23 PM
In regard to setting it up manually I would also do the DNS as well, the gateway should be the IP of the device that connects to the outside world(Linksys 4-port Router)