PDA

View Full Version : Cab file problem.

Cicero
03-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Have downloaded a zip file driver for Camera(EZ200)all seemed well till part was missing,this the message..........
Winzip can't open C:\unzipped\EZ200\EZ200\_sys.cab because it is not in the standard M/S cab format(as defined in mid1998)the signature bytes required by M/S cab specifications are missing.
What does one do to unmiss these cab files?

Metla
03-04-2005, 12:57 AM
sounds like a damaged file,got a link?, ill download it and see if i can extract it....

Cicero
03-04-2005, 01:07 AM
sounds like a damaged file,got a link?, ill download it and see if i can extract it....
I presume you mean a link to zip file?
Don' know how to get that.

Metla
03-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Did you download it from the net,if so what was the url for the page you got it off?

Cicero
03-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Did you download it from the net,if so what was the url for the page you got it off?
Some slow buggers around,sorry.

http://66.98.130.69/mirror0/getfile.php/Ez200.zip?did=51174&source_url=&lfile=Ez200.zip&time=1112439109&auth=a987c6bfadbdd22301f4c49e764ce9d9&file=Ez200.zip

Cicero
03-04-2005, 01:16 AM
http://66.98.130.69/mirror0/getfile.php/Ez200.zip?did=51174&source_url=&lfile=Ez200.zip&time=1112439109&auth=a987c6bfadbdd22301f4c49e764ce9d9&file=Ez200.zip

Just in case I got it wrong b4

Cicero
03-04-2005, 01:27 AM
And so to sleep perchance to dream,cant keep me bleedin eyes open.
Can't wait for the morrow.

Metla
03-04-2005, 01:31 AM
The links to the file won't work as they have put plenty of effort to stop people linking to them, After jumping through a dozen hoops I have found the file,after lowering all my security settins I finally have the dl underway...

Metla
03-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Worst server ever.

4 times I have tried to download that file,and each time its farted around,stalled and eventually failed,and thats on Jetstream and using a couple of different download managers.From what i can see you will (like me) have partially downloaded file,delete it.

It always pays to go to the manufactuers site when looking for drivers though,and unless im way off this is where u should be looking.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn011772.jhtml

and

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln_ekn.jhtml?ekn=EKN011772

Cicero
03-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Realy appreciate your time Met,thanks.
Deleted mirror as suggested.
downloaded from Kodak,ran through process,opened setup exe,all looked well till I got this message.
An error occurred during the move data process:-115
Component:98_2k\system
File group system
File c:\windows system 32\dc31st.dll

Deleted that lot and used the other url and repeated process,outcome same message as above.

Cicero
03-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Met will be riding his bike somewhere!

Have now successfully downloaded driver for said camera.
Could you tell me the procedure now please.
Where do I look to get the thing to operate.Have been to cameras in control panel,it doesnt seem to have picked it up,any help would be appreciated
XP.

Cicero
03-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I feel as if I have been given the black spot,is this a difficult question me hearties.

Speedy Gonzales
03-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Well if whatever u have is a setup.exe file run it and it'll install.

Or if its a inf file unzip / whatever it is into a folder. Go to add hardware and point it to that folder. And it should install whatever the camera needs.

Jen
03-04-2005, 06:31 PM
If you are running XP, then you shouldn't need to install any third party driver for the camera just to download images off it. Hook up the USB transfer cable to the computer, turn the camera on (and to the "play/view" setting normally), wait a couple of seconds and XP should detect the new USB device and then pop up a "What do you want to do with this" (or thereabouts) dialog box. Just select "Open with Windows Explorer" and then view/copy/delete the images off the camera just as if it were another folder on your computer.

Cicero
03-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Well if whatever u have is a setup.exe file run it and it'll install.

Or if its a inf file unzip / whatever it is into a folder. Go to add hardware and point it to that folder. And it should install whatever the camera needs.I have opened the exe,it runs the the thingy that usualy provide some indication that has opened,or is installed,but there is nothing I can see.
Xp has a various camera software I have found in add hardware,which keep getting directed to,but they are differnt to the camera I am trying to get pics off.
I have a camera that I have no problem with,as you say run exe and it is available in programs and a icon on desktop,but not so with this,This camera is a real basic Kodak EZ 200.
I have had no problem with other cameras belonging to visitors,as this one is.

Cicero
04-04-2005, 10:08 AM
If you are running XP, then you shouldn't need to install any third party driver for the camera just to download images off it. Hook up the USB transfer cable to the computer, turn the camera on (and to the "play/view" setting normally), wait a couple of seconds and XP should detect the new USB device and then pop up a "What do you want to do with this" (or thereabouts) dialog box. Just select "Open with Windows Explorer" and then view/copy/delete the images off the camera just as if it were another folder on your computer.
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday(we have a visitor).
Could you please say a bit more on the play\view thing,having a senior moment on that.

Metla
04-04-2005, 11:04 AM
when you plug it in to the UB port do you hear a beep from the comp to tell you its found a new device?,anything happen in the bottom right hand corner of your screen (found,new hardware,loading drivers,ready to use.....or.....there is a problem with your hardware and it may not work)

If you hear the beep simply click through my computer icon and the camera should show up alongside your harddrives,you can then just double click on it and access the photos....

Cicero
04-04-2005, 12:14 PM
when you plug it in to the UB port do you hear a beep from the comp to tell you its found a new device?,anything happen in the bottom right hand corner of your screen (found,new hardware,loading drivers,ready to use.....or.....there is a problem with your hardware and it may not work)

If you hear the beep simply click through my computer icon and the camera should show up alongside your harddrives,you can then just double click on it and access the photos....
Thanks for your patience Met.
I get beep when plug in camera,nothing at bottom right.
Where in this lot will I find camera?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/cicero1520/picture003.bmp

While I am at it you may find this hammer amusing

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/cicero1520/untitled.bmp

FoxyMX
04-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Could you please say a bit more on the play\view thing,having a senior moment on that.
If your camera has an LCD screen then it is the setting you use to view your photos after you have taken them.

You would have a switch setting to take the photo then another setting to view the pic afterwards. That setting is the one that needs to be enabled when uploading photos to your computer but you should know that if you have been successfully uploading pics from your other camera.

Metla
04-04-2005, 12:17 PM

Up a level,where it lists your harddrives,cd drives,etc.

Cicero
04-04-2005, 12:19 PM
If your camera has an LCD screen then it is the setting you use to view your photos after you have taken them.

You would have a switch setting to take the photo then another setting to view the pic afterwards. That setting is the one that needs to be enabled when uploading photos to your computer but you should know that if you have been successfully uploading pics from your other camera.

Ha ha this camera was made b4 the wheel.Should add it is not mine,when Met sorts it out I will take credi for sorting.

Muha oops.

Cicero
04-04-2005, 12:31 PM

Up a level,where it lists your harddrives,cd drives,etc.
Sorry to waste all your time,but will give up.
looked at that URL I sent you,what a waste of time,I couldn't see a thing,all too small.

Groping round in the dark gets to me after a while.

Metla
04-04-2005, 12:46 PM
The picture you posted was the contents of the C drive,we want to be at the screen before that one,where C drive itself is listed.

Cicero
04-04-2005, 02:07 PM
The picture you posted was the contents of the C drive,we want to be at the screen before that one,where C drive itself is listed.
Patience indeed.
Here is a screen shot of clicked computer.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/cicero1520/picture001Medium.bmp

In hard disc drives,it says(C: ) below that is devices and removable storage.
3.5 inch floppy.

Metla
04-04-2005, 02:23 PM
uh....I can see a camera icon,double click it......

Cicero
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
uh....I can see a camera icon,double click it......

It is one I have created and it contains nothing and has now gone.
The cameras that XP can read does not include EZ200,so I typed it as requested but was dead.
When I go to, add hardware in CP I can see EZ200,I click on it and it says this device is working.I can only assume it means next door,cause it aint working here.
If I go to cameras in CP the EZ 200 icon is there,it says add imaging device which sends me to a list of cameras that XP supports,if I go into that,this comes up.

Designed for Microsoft Windows XP LogoHardware and software products displaying the Designed for Microsoft Windows XP logo have been tested for compatibility with Microsoft Windows operating systems through use of Microsoft-provided testing procedures. For the best performance, Microsoft recommends using hardware products that display the Designed for Microsoft Windows XP logo on the external packaging and on the device itself.

Software for hardware products with the Designed for Microsoft Windows XP logo has a digital signature from Microsoft, indicating that the product was tested for compatibility with Windows and has not been altered since testing. For the latest updates, including security fixes, service packs, new Help files, and device drivers, see Windows Update in Help and Support Center. You may also want to contact the hardware vendor directly and ask for a device driver that has met the Designed for Microsoft Windows XP logo requirements. For more information, visit the Microsoft Windows Logo Program (go to http://www.microsoft.com/ and search for "Windows logo program") on the Microsoft Web site.

Warning

Microsoft strongly recommends you only use device drivers with the Designed for Microsoft Windows XP logo. Installing device drivers that have not been digitally-signed by Microsoft may disable the system, allow viruses onto your computer, or otherwise impair the correct operation of your computer either immediately or in the future.

Metla
04-04-2005, 03:03 PM
ok...

Find hammer.
User hammer to destroy camera.

I would take the camera and plug it into another computer, Just to identify which item is not doing as it should.

Incidently are you plugging it into a front USB port or one built into the motherboard,and is the camera switched on,and in the right mode?.....

Cicero
04-04-2005, 03:18 PM
ok...

Find hammer.
User hammer to destroy camera.

I would take the camera and plug it into another computer, Just to identify which item is not doing as it should.

Incidently are you plugging it into a front USB port or one built into the motherboard,and is the camera switched on,and in the right mode?.....
Ha ha,I would if it was mine,a horrible little thing.
I have it plugged into front USB.Will try up back passage.
When I plug it in,it closes modes and just shows number of pics taken.