PDA

View Full Version : Getting Hits (Website that is)

Dannz
31-03-2005, 05:41 PM
What ways can i get website hits as i want to lift up the amount of hits i get

plod
31-03-2005, 05:44 PM
get other sites to link to and you to them??

george12
31-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Google Adwords always helps.

Set it to $3 per day, then check how its going a week later. If it's all good then tone it down to $0.80 per day or something (that reflects your personal financial situation). If it sucked big time and was a total waste of money then get rid of it, only $21 wasted.

Dannz
31-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Will anyone link to me? :D

Renmoo
31-03-2005, 06:06 PM
K, I will link your website to mine if you wanna link mine. PM or send me an IM if you are interested. Cheers :)

maccrazy
31-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Link exchanges are the best idea, especially with sites that have a similar theme to yours. Not only will you get visitors through the links, but it will also help to lift your Google PR (PageRank). :)

Greg
01-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Link exchanges are the best idea, especially with sites that have a similar theme to yours. Not only will you get visitors through the links, but it will also help to lift your Google PR (PageRank). :)

That's bad advice actually. Avoid Link Exchanges (Link Farms) like the plague they are. Google's algorithms are smart enough to detect when a site's been linked to in this manner, and will penalise the ranking.

maccrazy
01-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Inbound links etc are the basis of Google's page rank system. Obviously there are other factors, but this is one of the primary variables affecting a site's rank.

Link popularity is very important with regards to search engine placement or ranking. Most Search Engines including Google, place much importance in a Website's link popularity. They use the number of outgoing and incoming links to a Website to determine the importance ( relevance ) of the Website for a particular keyword or keyword phrase. However, incoming links are more important than outgoing links.... - http://www.sitepronews.com/archives/2005/mar/14prt.html

14_with_black_bean_sauce
01-04-2005, 07:34 PM
What ways can i get website hits as i want to lift up the amount of hits i get
What is the goal? Make more money or get more hits? Are the two the same thing?

Chilling_Silence
02-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I fail to see how thats the basis of Googles system if googling for "great warez" gives you a week-old thread from here thats likely never had a single person link to it in its history!

Metla
02-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Google is infatuated with Pressf1.

Its almost bizarre.

I done a google for my bizzo the other day to see how my sites were doing as far as relivent searches,and it bought up a post from here,of me being....um....less then tender with some poor soul...

Lol.

vinref
02-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Metla, you have over 670 Google entries to my 390 or so. Chill has over 1600 - busy boy!

I have been pondering the reason why the Googlebot loiters here so much, and I think I have worked something out. And it definitely means that linking is not necessarily the way to get your Google ranking up.

sal
02-04-2005, 11:55 AM
one reason is because vB is very google friendly with the archived pages and all.

Rob99
02-04-2005, 01:27 PM
It is because the keywords apear so many times in the text of the page.

If you want plenty of hits from Google you must use your keywords as many time as possible on your page without making it look as you are spamming.

e.g. my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word, my key word

is not a good idea.

You can also include a desctiption and keywords in the coding as meta data.[Edit] and alt text.