PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2002 - deleting macros

FoxyMX
17-03-2005, 09:11 AM
In an Excel 2002 worksheet I created a macro a long time ago then deleted it as it was no longer required. The problem now is that Excel seems to think it still exists because every time the workbook is opened it gives the standard macro warning:

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level."

I click on OK and away I go.

I am keen to get rid of this error message but there is no sign of the old macro or any other macros anywhere that I can find. My thoughts are that it must be hiding somewhere in the Visual Basic Editor but as I am not at all familar with this tool I don't know where to look. Would the Excel experts be able to provide some tips, please?

rad_s4
17-03-2005, 12:19 PM
To see if there is any macro code remaining in the workbook, open the VB editor by pressing <Alt><F11>
If there is a folder called Modules present, doulble click on it to show the modules present, then right click on the module to Remove it. Do the same for any other modules. The Module folder should disappear when all modules are removed.
If there is a Forms folder present, do the same as above.
Double click on the ThisWorkbook icon and delete any code if it is present.
Press <Alt><F11> to return to Excel, save the file and close it. Reopen the file and the Macro warning should be gone. If not open the VB Editor and double click on every worksheet icon and delete any code present and filesave and reopen.
If all else fails, change the macro secutity level to Low via Tools/Macro/Security from the menu bar.

HTH

FoxyMX
17-03-2005, 01:08 PM
To see if there is any macro code remaining in the workbook, open the VB editor by pressing <Alt><F11>
If there is a folder called Modules present, doulble click on it to show the modules present, then right click on the module to Remove it. Do the same for any other modules. The Module folder should disappear when all modules are removed.
So simple, and it worked brilliantly. Thank you very much. :thumbs: