PDA

View Full Version : MS OUTLOOK EXPRESS RULES

jonp
14-03-2005, 10:40 PM
I am running windows xp home with ms outlook express, I am going away for a while and would like to divert all of my mail to a different mailbox - i have tinkered with outlook but cannot seem to set up a rule that will automatically forward emails without having to open outlook first.

Has anybody tried and succeded at this before ?

Cheers

Safari
14-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Think about it a bit and I am sure you will realize that is not very practicable.

Why not just use your ISP webmail to access your mail when you are away.
If you really want a divert get your ISP to put one in place.

jonp
16-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Its a long story but it's a real mission to get the provider to do the forward. It is only for a temporary while so I can check a business account whilst I am overseas. I have out of office auto mail thingy on the email at work but this one does not seem to.

Any other ideas anybody ??

Safari
16-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Is this email you want to access domain name email or just an ISP email address.
Do you normally access the same mail from 2 places, at work and at home.
What is the ISP you use.
Can you not access it with your ISP webmail system

Safari
16-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Why do people post here for advice and then disappear for several days.

Cicero
17-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Why do people post here for advice and then disappear for several days.
Good question,one I have asked myself on numerous occasions.

scribbs
17-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Outlook can't forward mail unless it is open. You can do it at work because you are telling the email SERVER (Exchange or Lotus) to forward your mail. The equivalent at home would be to tell you ISP to forward it. If that's not pratical, use one of the many free webmail services to check your mail, assuming that the account you want to check is a POP3 account.

Try http://www.e-mailanywhere.com/

Hope this helps!

Shane Cribbs
http://www.southsolutions.com

jonp
17-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Shane

Thanks for that - well helpful.

Safari

Maybe people get called away for business ?
Maybe people don't appreciate un-humerous sarcastic and/or patronising comments and they back off ?
Maybe some people don't live breath and fart computers and therefore aren't on them constantly. Hey would that be a reason for asking for help do you think ?
And that'sd just three possible reasons I can think off without breaking into sweat.

Hey, has anybody else got any ideas why they can't respond to a comment within 5 minutes ?

Cicero
17-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Shane

Thanks for that - well helpful.

Safari

Maybe people get called away for business ?
Maybe people don't appreciate un-humerus sarcastic and/or patronising comments and they back off ?
Maybe some people don't live breath and fart computers and therefore aren't on them constantly. Hey would that be a reason for asking for help do you think ?
And that's just three possible reasons I can think off without breaking into sweat.

Hey, has anybody else got any ideas why they can't respond to a comment within 5 minutes ?

Sorry about that Shane,just that you would be surprised how many don't respond when stacks of info has been given.

I think I will say sorry again,feel quite embarrassed.

Cicero
17-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Sorry about that Shane,just that you would be surprised how many don't respond when stacks of info has been given.

I think I will say sorry again,feel quite embarrassed.
Oops,sorry I meant jonp.