PDA

View Full Version : WININET.dll

Wheelman
14-03-2005, 01:38 PM
My kids computer has problems again connecting. This time it displays the message- "Wininet.dll appears to be corrupt reinstall and try again" This appears when attempting to connect with internet explorer. I went to
DLL-Files.com and downloaded it to a floppy and tried to install it without success. Anyone have any suggestions?

tweak'e
14-03-2005, 01:44 PM
what OS and what ver of IE are they useing?

have you tried repairing IE?

Wheelman
14-03-2005, 02:19 PM
The opreating system is win 98 As for the version of IE I'm not sure what version other than i'm sure it is an older version. How do you repair IE?

Murray P
14-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Open IE, go the the Help menus > About, the version info and patches is listed there.

tweak'e
14-03-2005, 02:27 PM
depending on ver go to control panel/addremove/IE should have an optoin to repair.

also you can run SFC and check files.

Wheelman
14-03-2005, 03:05 PM
I went to Controll panel and add/remove programs and it did have a repair option. I did the repair but nothing changed IE still wont open and the same messages appear The one with wininet as well as one which states that IE has perfomed an illegal operation and will shut down. Anyway It still says to reinstall the wininet.dll file. How do I Install this file. As I said before I downloaded the file on floppy but maybe i'm just not getting it installed correctly?

Now it says that "An attempt was made to install a program with an improper format!

Wheelman
14-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Ok now the one with the improper format is "IedkCS32.dll" I think we are past the wininet.dll issue but now what to do with this new glitch?