PDA

View Full Version : DVR surveillance software?

stuffed
14-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Can anyone help out with suggestions for DVR surveillance type software to monitor just one camera with motion detection and JPG file compression. Know you can purchase it with DVR cards but have been trying to find some freeware or purchase just the software.
Thanks

lazydog
14-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I was looking for something similar because i couldnt get the Timer Shot program working in XP power toys. I Timer Shot works for you it might be worth using. Although it doesnt have motion detection, it does have everything else.
You can download it from microsofts website under powertoys.
Only for windows XP though.
If you find something else, let me know cause i'd be interested.
Cheers, Lazydog

stuffed
14-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks but have recently been involved with a very high spec surveillance DVR and wanted similar software for home use do need selected motion detection and MPG compression.
Will keep you posted if find something

Speedy Gonzales
14-03-2005, 11:50 AM
This http://www.digi-watcher.com/ will do surveillance. BUT it isnt free.

It will work with multiple webcams, all u have to do, is install the same program twice, or depending on how many cams u have at the mo.

This will also log the times and takes pics/avis, of motion (u can record whatever while ur away). It'll also let u send whatever to an email addy, if it detects motion etc.

And it'll also broadcast over the net (if u go somewhere), and want to log in to it. To see whats happening. I think u can also give it a password, (I think this is in case u go away and want to access whats happening remotely).

stuffed
14-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey thanks for that - looks spot on - and a good price - will try it out and see what happens!
Cheers