PDA

View Full Version : Dvd burning Question... no colour... no sound

shione83
13-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I decided to once again have an attempt at getting my home videos onto dvd.
this time i used Ulead Video Studio6 to capture the video and to render it.
it took 40 minutes to capture and about 2 hours to render.
then i used Nero visionexpress 2SE to burn it.... that took about 2.5 hours all up (I have no idea what it was doing all that time)
when finished it said that burning was completed and the burn was successful.
I tried to play it on my pc dvd player but nothing happened so took it to my daughters to test on her stand alone dvd player. it played fine...quality was not too bad...but! it was black and white and i had no sound.
would anyone have any idea what i did/didnt do that would cause this?
our video camera is quite old ...about 12 years...and yes the cam is colour and yes it does have sound :)
dont know if u need to know pc specs ...but am running XP....512ram.... athlon 2600+ 1.91Ghz processor.
any help muchly appreciated :)
Shione

Speedy Gonzales
13-03-2005, 07:29 PM
When Ulead Video Studio captured it, did u see it? In colour?? While it was capturing the video?

Also, did you have a cable from the camera, (from audio out), and connect it to the line in of your soundcard?? Also, when u burned it to DVD, did u record it in PAL?

shione83
14-03-2005, 09:54 AM
no it didnt show in colour while it was being captured ...but i could hear audio... and yes i did have the cables plugged in and line in selected. also yes i did record it in PAL.
I have an Nvidia GeForce 4MX Integrated GPU in case u r wondering :)
just tried again using Nero VisionExpress2....but still the same re no colour but i did get sound this time
Shione

Speedy Gonzales
14-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Hmm ok wonder if another program or an update wld work. If u were in Auckland, around where I am, I could try it for you. Are u in Auckland??

Have u tried Moviemaker? Which is part of XP?? Can that see your cam??

shione83
14-03-2005, 02:47 PM
thanx for the offer but no i'm not in auckland.... tried movie maker...no sound... no colour...
will throw this idea away again for another few months...its really getting up my nose...shame coz i have lots of home videos i want to put on dvd
thanx for the help tho i do appreciate it :)
Shione

Speedy Gonzales
14-03-2005, 02:49 PM
No worries. The only other thing u could try is Nerovision 3 the latest version. Altho its pretty big as a package from the Nero site, BUT I dont think its free.