PDA

View Full Version : Leadtec Winfast TV2000 deluxe problem

lazydog
13-03-2005, 04:07 PM
I've had the card for awhile but have only used it for capturing from a Hi8 analouge camcorder and listening to the radio. Yesterday i hooked up a tv coaxial ariel and tried to watch tv but got no reception.

I checked the settings in configure and its set to 25fps pal, the same as i use for my handycam capture.
I let it do an auto scan for channels and it listed 7 channels(hearts with +'s in them) but none would show any picture?. All i got was the black screen with the pink "O" on it.

I do live rural but we can get channels 1, 2 & 3 on the main tv in the lounge.
Channel 1 is best and channel 2 & 3 are abit grainy but viewable on the tv in the lounge.
I used a joiner where the ariel comes into the lounge from the outside ariel on the roof and ran a cable from the joiner in the lounge to my bedroom(about 25 ft). The cable to my room has a joiner on it where i've had to extend it 6ft to reach the computer on the other side of my room.

Unfortunately i dont have a spare tv to test for signal strenth in my room but considering tv1 is quite good in the lounge then it should be strong enough to show a picture at my rooms end?.

Has anybody got any ideas on settings that i may of overlooked?
Would the signal still be strong enough by the time it reaches my room?.

Computer is;
P4 2.2ghz
512mb ram
80gb hd
32mb video card
Leadtec winfast TV2000 Deluxe + winfast PVR software

Cheers lazydog
P/s, i have to go out but will check back in the morning.

BootyLicious
13-03-2005, 04:16 PM
in the part you scan for channels on the top right there are 2 settings 1:Area and 2:TV source . set the Area to newzealand and the tv source to (ANTENNA). that could help. :eek:

lazydog
14-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the reply bootylicious.
I've checked that and theyre set correctly.

Not sure if this is related to the tv problem but one thing i've noticed is that if i use the Winfast PVR software to capture footage from my Hi8 camcorder (i usually use Ulead Media studio), the file saved to my hard drive is always in a NTSC format (eg;720x480) even though i set it to capture at 720x576 PAL.
I've sent a email to the Leadtec support but have had no reply.

Does anyone know if theres a jumper on the card that needs to be set?
Maybe a setting i may have over looked?

I remember seeing a sticker on the Leadtec card saying "PAL" when i installed it so it must(?) be the correct version for NZ.

Cheers Lazydog.

godfather
14-03-2005, 10:12 AM
I used a joiner where the ariel comes into the lounge from the outside ariel on the roof and ran a cable from the joiner in the lounge to my bedroom

Define what you mean by a "joiner" on the main aerial cable?

Did you use a 2 way splitter? (you can't just "join into" a TV coax cable, it must be split using a proper splitter).

Every time you use a splitter you degrade the available signal to all devices.

Speedy Gonzales
14-03-2005, 10:32 AM
I had a similar prob with this Leadtek deluxe tuner card.

After so long I tried the leadtek tuner program. And the signal had died. Altho XP still detected the tuner.

I took mine back to the place of purchase and they replaced it free of charge.

I dont think u have to change any jumpers for it to switch to PAL. Well I didnt and it records fine from the program. All u haveta do, is configure the settings within the tuner program.

It sounds like your one works but getting a signal isnt gonna happen. I suggest that, if its still under warranty, take it back and get it replaced.

Altho, if u put the cam into the CVBS (if u have a spare plug to plug into this socket), and change the program to CVBS, you should get a picture from the camera.

Or if your video card has svideo and u have a plug for this, plug the cam into that and select s-video in the tuner program.

lazydog
14-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Godfather
"Did you use a 2 way splitter? (you can't just "join into" a TV coax cable, it must be split using a proper splitter)".

I used a two way splitter and the join where i extended it was done with the proper joiner.

Speedy Gonzales; "if u put the cam into the CVBS (if u have a spare plug to plug into this socket), and change the program to CVBS, you should get a picture from the camera."

I can record video thru the leadtec card using the s/video-CVBS converter cable hooked up to my Hi8 video camera but cannot see the video thats being captured on the preview screen in the PVR sftware. Once captured, i can play it back on the PVR software and use all the pause, fastforward, rewind etc functions. Also the file thats been captured is always in 720x480 resolution.