varouj
10-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Hello,
i am currently having some issues with my cd rom. system specs as follows
OS/ windows XP
MB/ k7S5A
RAM/768 DDR
Cpu/ Amd Athlon XP 1.8 GHz

the right drivers are on my computer and everything and this never really was a issue before. but when i try to install warcraft 3 for example the first cd installs Beautifly than when i enter the second cd it works well until about halfway through the installation. at that point no progress is being made. so i eject the cd clean it than put it in again and it just dosent work. ive tried installing DOZENS of times. and as for the cds being faulty, there not becuase i installed wc3 on my buddys computer and it worked, as well as me trying multiple differant copies of the game from my other friends. The game is not burnt, its a offical copy. And for other games i usually dont have problems but sometimes while installing half life 2 i get a error. i ususlaly just cancel and reinstall and it works. but this damn warcraft WONT BUDGE! PLEASE HELP!!! i want this problem FIIIXEEDD . (btw i know its not my hard ware either, i dont think. ive tried 6 differant cd roms including a 12 24 speed, burner, dvd/cd rom, Dvd/Burner, dvd burner EVERYTHING!!@#@!@#! ) PLEASE HELP!

Stormwarden
10-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Here's a (probably stupid) question: Are you sure you've got enough hard-disk space to install whatever you're trying to install?

This includes situations where you have 2 HDDs, and the drive with windows on it is almost full.

I don't really think this will help, but it's worth checking anyway :)

varouj
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
heh i got plenty! i dont know what do DOO!!

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2005, 04:46 PM
How many cd's / dvds in your system?? 1? 2?

And do u know what IDE connection theyre on?? Are they on the secondary IDE as Master and slave?? I would check this (if u can).

I would also if u have a spare IDE cable, replace the ide cable in the case.
See if this fixes things.

And also check that the power plug is in the back of the cd/dvd properly.

Metla
10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
As a little experiment, insert the cd that is causing the issue, select all the files and drag into a new folder on your desktop.

If as i expect it decides it fails at about the same place as the install does then your cd-drive is incapable of reading the cd.

Its not an uncommon problem, Not all cd-drives are created equal.

gibler
12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
There seem to be many people with install issues with this game

check this wow board (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.aspx?forumName=wow-tech-support)