PDA

View Full Version : Roxio Creator 6 Burns data cds but NOT audio cds

CompuGuy
10-03-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm trying to use Roxio's Crator 6 on windows 98. The program looks, and performs everything normaly, except burning audio cds. I can burn data cds, and MP3 disks, but not a standard audio cd. When I finish my song list and press burn, the normal menu comes up asking me to specify what settings I want (burn speed, buffering etc...). But when I start the burning process, all that happens is that the progress window opens. No burning takes place, no progress is made. It will just stay on that window until I "ALT-CTRL-DEL" and close it.

I have downloaded the update patch from Roxio's support site, but it did not solve the problem. One other thing, it seemed to work fine once. We successfully burned 4 disks in a row. But now it never responds.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/advice/help.

Speedy Gonzales
10-03-2005, 11:25 AM
If you're trying to copy an Audio cd as is, I would say you'll be lucky, if it works. Some programs have this option, BUT it doesnt always work.

Cos of protection, most probably.

It's easier to rip the songs off the cd, so they're MP3's then reburn them as an Audio CD. To a blank CD.

Other than that, use Nero as this can also do data, MP3's and MP3's as is to cd, and burns MP3's as an Audio CD. Well the same as CD creator basically.

I had CD Creator 6 a few mths ago (using XP SP2). It started creating too many coasters, (maybe something to do with SP2, or some other XP update), or maybe coz V6 is pretty ancient now too.

When I made data cds. One minute it went OK. Next minute the cd was useless, directcd couldn't read it and made it unusable. I gave up and removed it completely. And use Nero for most things now.

Or use this its free, http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ it's not as big as CD Creator.

CompuGuy
12-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Hey Speedy

Thanks for the tip, but I figured out something to make Roxio work every time.
It only burns when I select "Track at Once" rather than the "Disk at Once" option. Now, I know that some burners don't allow "disk at once" and it should have been obvious what the problem was from the start. However, I've owned this burner for over two and a half years now (and I've burned tons - there are 4 who use it regularly - LG rocks) and we have always used "disk at once" and no problems occurred. Computers frustrate me soooo much!

Anyway, thanks for your help. Or, at least for your good intentions.