PDA

View Full Version : help meh

acuralover2004
10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Here are all the parts I have installed.

PowerUp 400Watt PSU
2x 256MB DDR2700 (Brand: Ultra)
Athlon 2900 (2.0ghz)
ATI Radeon 9600xt 256mb
Gateway Monitor
Microsoft Intellimouse
Standard Keyboard
Masscool Athlon Rated up to Athlon 3200X
Maxter 40gb 7200 RPM HDD

Problem:

I Purchased a Masscool CPU Cooler and a FANLESS VGA Cooler installed them and booted up the computer. Upon boot directly after it showed the Windows XP bootup screen it goes to a blank screen. I booted into safe mode succesfully and uninstalled the ATI 9600xt Drivers, Rebooted. Started computer in normal mode it booted up fine running resolution 640X480 (no VGA drivers installed) after I went to ATI.com and installed the latest drivers and rebooted, after I booted normally back to windows it told me it was going to adjust the screen resolution to match what my monitor can handle. It did so but the whole screen went white with black lines every inch or so. so i rebooted into safe mode uninstalled drivers again, went to ati.com got OLD drivers and restarted computer after installing. same problem, so i uninstalled the drivers rebooted to find that the computer cannot display a picture on the screen at all...no bios screen nothing. I have left the computer running so for 15 minutes hoping maybe windows would popup sometime but no. the HDD LED stays lit forever and there are NO beeps to indicate anything wrong, however I can intentionally cuase beeps so that indicates that the BIOS is still running no? anyways the extremely wierd thing is that I have Tried a different motherboard, different video cards, different monitors, different PSU (400Watt), different CPU's and i still get the same thing. I was hoping it was the ram but would the ram cause the computer to no boot a image? What should I try? I am at a loss and About to go buy a gateway or dell and just sell these parts on ebay =/

Thanks.

P.s. The keyboard lights shine for .1 second and the CPU and GPU fans stay on and there is a loading sound coming through the HDD.

Altec_
10-03-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm sorry I can't help with the main problem, but your proposal of buying a Dell or Gateway... Don't get me started.

NO!

hamstar
10-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Dell? Gotta love those 150W PSU's! :D

Metla
10-03-2005, 08:50 AM
I pulled a 90w out of a Gateway just yesterday......

JJJJJ
10-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Try removing a stick of ram. Then try the other. Computers do some funny things if they have got a bad ram stick.
Jack

Metla
10-03-2005, 10:00 AM
I would guess from what he has written that he has damaged his video card, Though if that Cpu is overclocked you have to set it to defauklt before troubleshooting.

bios>load safe defaults.

And then try an alternative video card.

pctek
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Yep - as above - faulty graphics card.
Don't buy a Dell or whatever - you'll just end up with more crap hardware.

JJJJJ
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Yep - as above - faulty graphics card.
Don't buy a Dell or whatever - you'll just end up with more crap hardware.
Rubbish a Dell is no worse than most other computers at the same price.
I've still got an HP for sale. I suppose you'll say that is rubbish too.
Jack

pctek
10-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Re: JJJJJ
Maybe not but it most likely won't have a 9600XT graphics card in it. Or any kind other than onboard. Nor is it progress, no better than what he has already. Nor would it have his fanless cooler.

KatiMike
10-03-2005, 02:48 PM
sounds like our poster is from distant shores , if all was well before acuralover2004 installed the new fanless vga cooler could it just be this new cooler simply isn't doing it's job , or perhaps hasn't been installed quite right ?

Metla
10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Rubbish a Dell is no worse than most other computers at the same price.
I've still got an HP for sale. I suppose you'll say that is rubbish too.
Jack

You what?

Suggest you pull to bits/examine a $1000 Dell to qualify that statement...oh wait, you wouldn't have a clue what you were lookin at or talking about.