PDA

View Full Version : Xtra Jetstream Special Deal

jamesyboi
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
hello there, I got the free jetstream deal thingy that comes with a d-link modem for one PC, usb cord, ethernet cable, 2 line filters, power cable, cd etc

i have 4 fone jacks in da house and xtra only supplys 2.....

I put in the CD and follow the steps, i warns me to quit if i dont have line filters for EVERY fone jack in my house. i dont have enough.... (2 filters needed)

i went ahead anyway lol and it wont work, yippey :|
i connect the modem into the ethernet port and it identifys it as local area network 100mps. this is LAN..... it doesn't seem to connect to xtra or do anything, ive tried ringing but its always too busy, and the lights on the modem all flash so im confused whether or not i need the filters 4 sure.

jamesyboi
09-03-2005, 08:35 PM
okay ive asked sum folks on msn and they rekon u have to have line filters for all the fones, can i just disconnect all the other fones though? i dont wana go downstairs cos theres a scary guy down there and hes got a fone

Edward
09-03-2005, 08:48 PM
you can disconntect them, yes

or you can buy more filters for around $10 each from DSE

pctek
09-03-2005, 08:49 PM
You need the filters for each phone or fax or whatever DEVICE, not actually the phone jackpoints.
And you often won't notice much difference without them but people on the other end may tell you you sound really quiet and sometimes it can cause another extension to not have ringing.

jamesyboi
09-03-2005, 08:49 PM
thanks dude, i can't wait to get off this stupid isp watchdog slow BUTT SLOW

jamesyboi
09-03-2005, 08:51 PM
well at the moment jetstream acts like a direct connection with a afk computeR!
i go 2 internet, tools, options, connections, theres nothing about xtra on the connections, it has some settings on a piece of paper in the modem manual for telecom but i dont know where 2 put them or if its essencial which i doubt
and it takes like a minute to connect to the lan on startup

sam m
09-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Try this:
With it all connected, open up a browser (Internet Explorer will do) then type in the address bar 10.1.1.1 (if that dont work try 10.1.1.0).

This should you connect you to the modem. The username is admin and password is admin .

This should get you into the modem. Click on Login and then enter your xtra username and password.

What does puzzle me is what you said about lights flashing. I cant remember but the dsl light should be solid. If not then you need to troubleshoot that first.

*use some lateral thinking with these instructions as I wrote from memory*

lark
09-03-2005, 09:12 PM
The DSL light flashs when there is no connection.