PDA

View Full Version : HP all-in-one 1210, memory incorrect reporting ISSUE

takahe1nz
09-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Hello all!

Ok problem this time is the fact that I am trying to install a HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer onto a computer that is loaded with windows 98. That is all good.. there are drivers there that support win98, but the problem that I am having is that it says that the computer doesnt hav enough RAM to install the printer drivers. Is there anyway that I can bypass the inital 'check' and just install the driver. I have gone through the Device Manager once that the computer has realised that the printer is plugged in.. but the drivers need to be installed. I am saying this because I have backed up all the drivers and *.inf files that the printer uses from another computer, and that even doesnt work.. so basically wat i am wanting to do is just to bypass that installation check! PLEASE!! anyway that could happen!
Cheers!
Takahe

gibler
09-03-2005, 10:28 PM
The HP docs seem to indicate that if you find enterprise drivers then there are no such checks. The only driver to download weighs in at 166MB

do a google search for rw2_021_w02_enu.exe

hopefully it doesn't have the check but I would bet on it.

Else I'd resort to seeing if there are registry keys it checks or to run file/registry monitoring tools on a windows 98 machine that does work.

Or else stick in some more RAM ..

Check if the installer has commandline options too such as silent install