PDA

View Full Version : Email printing

Sapperbro
09-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi all,
Firstly many thanks to PressF1 for the selection in last weeks draw. I await whatever is being sent with anticipation.

Secondly, I have a problem printing off the odd email. While the "From - To - Sent - Subject" lines are in the correct font size (currently Arial 10pt), the message text is coming out in a fairly large size (about 14 or 18 pt). I have tried on two separate printers with the same results, so figure the setting is in the IE6 settings. This has only recently happened as the text always used to print as per the size on the screen. I have tried all the settings I can find within IE6 but there aren't many and most refer to composing. I figured it was the sender, but all of the emails, regardless who from, are printing in the same size and it is only the message content.
I am currently using XP Pro with SP2 upgrade and IE 6. Any tweaks to try would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ken

johnboy
09-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Try this in Internet Explorer.

Select View | Text Size change it in there and try printing

hth

Safari
09-03-2005, 10:14 AM
OE6 is your email program and the print settings are controlled by IE
Close Outlook Express and then Open IE now go to the menu bar View > Text Size and change it to something different then what it is set at now.
Now open OE and print an mail and see if it is different.

Sapperbro
09-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Many thanks, JohnBoy and Safari,
I was not aware that IE6 affected the Explorer Express printing through that setting. It was set to "Largest" although I have never been into there before. It fixed the problem. Appears to be another of those mysterious settings that XP will arbitarily change when it feels like it. Have added that to my extensive list of Tweak ready references I have developed over the years.
Cheers,
Ken