PDA

View Full Version : Links in Signatures

Dannz
09-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Re this post by Jen
http://www.pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=55330

from what i remember Chill said that we can have it in you Signatures as many people do it

FoxyMX
09-03-2005, 08:23 AM
The link that you have in your signature is not what Jen is referring to. She is talking about the ones that earn you points/rewards/money or whatever when people click on the link.

Your link goes to a personal, non-commercial website so that is OK.

Jen
09-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi thewhiz

Do you understand now what I was meaning about referral links? If not, you can PM me and I am happy to answer any questions or explain further what a referral link is for you. :)

As FoxyMX says, link to personal non-commercial sites are fine.

Jen
09-03-2005, 10:58 PM
I have modified my original post now over referral links so that the explanation on what a referral link is clearer (I hope!) :)

Referral programs are quite common overseas (all those who have posted them on the forum so far have originated from overseas), and most commonly offer free iPods etc if you manage to get so many points. Most act like a pyramid scheme as well. They are purely for the poster's personal benefit.

If anyone has further questions, please ask. I didn't realise that the technical term of "referral link" was not that widely known.

Posting personal links to your non-commercial website is OK on this forum. :)

The whole reason that sticky post was made, was that recently a person thought referral links were permitted on this forum and suggested we clarify this point. There have been a few incidences now of these referral links being posted here.