PDA

View Full Version : Firefox bookmarks...where?

paradox
08-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi...I'm going to upgrade FF to 1.0.1 but I'd like to save the bookmarks somewhere just in case. I've done this with Internet Explorer several times but in FF I can't find where the bookmarks live. Thanks for any help. Ken.

Edward
08-03-2005, 09:30 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data (hidden)\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\xxx\bookmarks.ht ml

Jen
08-03-2005, 09:31 PM
The easiest way of doing this is to go to Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > File > Export. Save the bookmarks.html somewhere safe.

John H
08-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, when I upgraded to v1.0.1, the Firefox website says to uninstall the currently installed Firefox before installing a new version, so I did, and also followed the option to delete the folder in Program (sic) Files. Before doing the uninstall, I exported bookmarks, did the uninstall and then installed the new version. I expected to have to import bookmarks, but lo and behold, the bookmarks etc were already there.

So you really don't need to export bookmarks, unless you are going to get rid of the Application data directory (see Edward's post above) as well!

Prescott
08-03-2005, 10:06 PM
bookmark backup (http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/) is a very good extension for firefox, it backs it up every time you close firefox