PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE!!!! I need help with my modem!

izzyann84
07-03-2005, 06:17 PM
ok. i just put a new hard drive into my computer and put windows 2000 on it. now my computer will not detect my modem and i do not know what to do! i can't connect to the internet from my computer so i cant get help while i'm at my computer. i have a compaq desk pro with windows 2000 and a compaq winmodem pci. please help me somebody. thank you.
izzy

Jen
07-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi and Welcome to PressF1 :)

I see you have accidently created a poll for your thread, I have closed this for you but cannot completely remove it. I have also moved this thread to the correct forum for technical problems. :)

Have you installed the modem drivers for your modem?

Murray P
07-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi Izzy, can you be a bit more specific about the Compaq Deskpro PC model (model number & date of manufacture) or if you can the modem itself. As you can see here (http://www.modem-help.com/mfcs.php?mid=25), there are a whole heap of Compaq PCI win-modems. Chances are, it's be Askey/Lucent but, we need to be sure what it is, preferably down to the chip version/revision.

Metla
07-03-2005, 09:55 PM
I would suggest....a new modem.

Far easier then the alternative,and going by your location you should be able to pick up a modem for less then a loaf of bread.

And I have to ask.....have you ever tried vegimite?

ninja
07-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I second the suggestion of a new modem. Cheap, quick and easy. That or hunt through the original docs for the drivers.

I'd put an even $10 that the OP never finds this thread again.

Murray P
07-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Arrrh! or just load the modem driver off the Compaq CD which came with the PC, that's if you still have it that is.

Chances are, It'd be a half height modem in a Compaq, wouldn't it guys (& guyess), can you slot a standard one straight in?