PDA

View Full Version : incomplete loading

electric_man
06-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I suddenly seem to have developed an in ability to load a complete web page I generally get all the text and most of the formatiing but any graphics seem to be absent and refuse to laod even when specifically requeseted. I normally use Opera which shows the document as completely loaded but not all the graphics the speed is displayed and time to load continues to count up. I tried using IE with similar results (just less information and slower, no surprises). The only system changes of late is the addition of an RSS news reader into Outlook. DU meter indicated no traffic of my internet connection

Speedy Gonzales
06-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Try cleaning the cache. See if that helps.

electric_man
06-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks Speedy ,
thought we were on to something there worked for as few pages now the same thing, currently stuck loaded 66 of 71 images on theis page

Speedy Gonzales
06-03-2005, 10:42 PM
What version of opera are u using?? 7 or the beta version of 8??

electric_man
07-03-2005, 10:24 PM
vs 7.51 I've done a virus scan, adaware and spybot scan removed the only piece of software I installed (you subscribe) an RSS addon for Outlook. NZ sites appear to load better tonight Press F1 is loading fine but Download.com has been loading for 5 minutes and is still trying but no traffic is going over my internet connection. I'm runnig out of ideas

Speedy Gonzales
07-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Umm if u want RSS, get the 8 beta 2 version of Opera.

Opera does have RSS builtin. It just doesnt tell u when u subscribe to a RSS feed, in 7.xx of Opera!

BUT with the beta of 8 u can use it to subscribe to RSS feeds. In the beta 2 version, all u have to do, is subscribe to 1 RSS feed, and then a Feeds Menu will appear in Opera's menu.

Where u have a read feeds and manage feeds menu (under the feeds menu).

Then you wont need the RSS addon for Outlook. I had v7.xx previously BUT updated to the beta 8, and just took the beta part out of the install, so it overwrote the V7.xx version of Opera. so it kept my settings/bookmarks etc.

I would either get the beta version, or the latest version of 7.54, as there have been a few security updates since your version.

electric_man
07-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Downloaded and installed Vs7.54 but little has changed some sites appear ok while others will not load I get partial load and the message "waiting (#1) for connection to www.whatever.com" accross the top of the screen

Speedy Gonzales
07-03-2005, 11:31 PM
OK try this http://www.ccleaner.com

Download install and click on run cleaner. See if this makes any diff.

I would also defrag in safe mode, if u havent defragged for a while.

If u use 98 SE or higher which has safe mode.

electric_man
26-04-2005, 11:35 PM
It appeares that there is an incompatablity with Avast virus scanner and Zone Alarm. work arounds can be found at www.avast.com uintil the next version is released apparently with the fix.
Thanks to those who tried to help!! :nerd: :o